FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I am presently stuck on a 3g connection and have not really been able to post news but a lot of things have happened.

Three main developments (ignoring the stuff on optical drive emulation and chips for now).

1) XDG3 related. I assume most of you have XDG3 figured but if not MS reflashed all the DVD drives on all 360s (give or take some newest slim stuff and some Hitachi stuff) with a new firmware a while back. We saw the first XDG3 games back in Driver 3 and pretty much all new games use it now.
The original XDG3 support required overburning discs or chopping off the part that was not game related. MS countered this (predictably) with content integrity verification (CIV) checks first seen in Forza. This was in turn countered with a new development in burning- prior to this games were simply burned to dual layer discs with anything that burned. Now there is a new burning tool requiring a certain drive series that manages to sort it all.

Official release of the iXtreme Burner MAX firmware V1.0 for Liteon iHAS drives
Liteon iHAS124B = baseline model
Liteon iHAS224B = 124 + LightScribe
Liteon iHAS324B = 124 + SmartErase
Liteon iHAS424B = 124 + LightScribe + SmartErase (or = 224 + SmartErase)
Liteon iHAS524B = 124 + LabelTag + SmartErase
Liteon iHAS624B = 124 + LabelTag + LightScribe + SmartErase (or = 524 + LightScribe)

Features:
* World first Full 8.7GB 100% Backups on standard Dual Layer DVD+R DL
* No CIV errors
* Passes all current checks

XGD3 - Another fail, all those false positive CIV checks on original media, imagine the disappointment.
Inevitable when you push discs and drives to their limit, must be getting desperate, well done Xbox Division

Thanks go to Team Jungle for their hard work and efforts in the development process.
Thanks also go to Team Xecuter for their support to this project.

Samsung drives also got up an update to support this new method but all others can stick with their latest firmware.

Xbox Image Browser v2.9 (with XDG3 support) and new xextool also available.

2) JTAG and reset glitch (abbreviated RGH or GG depending on the group).
fbbuild and dashlaunch got updated to the new kernels along with the build tools.

Alongside this there is also ggbuild that brings reset glitch into line with JTAG in terms of hacked dash (give or take).

To compliment this there is also Rawflash v2 that can be launched from reset glitch xell (2stages) although it does not have bad sector support (you will need to manually remap).

3) Releases
Some nice stuff.
Sims was nuked for m0 compression (no compression on the rar files) and battlefield was nuked for p2p repack.
JASF.Janes.Advanced.Strike.Fighters.XBOX360-COMPLEX
Just.Dance.Kids.2.NTSC.XBOX360-SWAG
Battlefield.3.XBOX360-COMPLEX
Dragon.Ball.Z.Ultimate.Tenkaichi.PAL.XBOX360-iMARS
Battlefield.3.RF.XBOX360-XGP
Disney_Universe_XBOX360-SPARE
SPORTS_SEASON_TWO_FIX_XBOX360-SPARE
SPORTS_SEASON_TWO_XBOX360-SPARE
Dark_Souls_ASIA_XBOX360-GANT
Dance.Central.2.XBOX360-iMARS
Minute.To.Win.It.USA.XBOX360-COMPLEX
Dungeon_Defenders_XBLA_XBOX360-XBLAplus
Bejeweled_3_XBLA_XBOX360-XBLAplus
Insanely.Twisted.Shadow.Planet.Shadow.Hunters.DLC.XBOX360-MoNGoLS
Deus.Ex.Human.Revolution.The.Missing.Link.DLC.XBOX360-MoNGoLS
Call_of_Juarez_the_Cartel_JPN_XBOX360-Caravan
Ougon_Musou_Kyoku_X_JPN_XBOX360-Caravan
Ben.10.Galactic.Racing.XBOX360-COMPLEX
Champion_Jockey_Gallop_Racer_and_G1_Jockey_JPN_XBOX360-Caravan
Dead_Island_JPN_XBOX360-Caravan
The.Adventures.of.Tintin.XBOX360-COMPLEX
Gears_of_War_3_Repack_JPN_XBOX360-Caravan
Rage_Repack_JPN_XBOX360-Caravan
Family.Feud.2012.NTSC.XBOX360-SWAG
The.Sims.3.Pets.REPACK.XBOX360-SWAG [NUKED] The.Sims.3.Pets.XBOX360-SWAG
Tropico.4.XBOX360-COMPLEX
Forza_Motorsport_4_JPN_XBOX360-Caravan
Ace_Combat_Assault_Horizon_JPN_XBOX360-Caravan
Forza_Motorsport_4_ASIA_XBOX360-KFC
Ace.Combat.Air.Assault.Horizon.NTSC.XBOX360-COMPLEX
Skylanders.Spyros.Adventure.XBOX360-SPARE
Ace_Combat_Assault_Horizon_ASIA_XBOX360-GANT
Batman.Arkham.City.XBOX360-COMPLEX
Hulk.Hogan.Main.Event.XBOX360-COMPLEX
Forza.Motorsport.4.PAL.XBOX360-COMPLEX
Crimson.Alliance.Vengeance.Map.Pack.DLC.XBOX360-MoNGoLS
Pinball.FX2.Sorcerers.Lair.DLC.XBOX360-MoNGoLS
Two.Worlds.II.Pirates.of.the.Flying.Fortress.DLC.XBOX360-MoNGoLS
Dragon.Age.2.Mark.of.the.Assassin.DLC.XBOX360-MoNGoLS
Forza.Motorsport.4.Limited.Collectors.Edition.Pack.DLC.XBOX360-MoNGoLS
Ace.Combat.Assault.Horizon.Downloadable.Content.1.DLC.XBOX360-MoNGoLS
Just.Dance.3.U.Cant.Touch.This.DLC.XBOX360-MoNGoLS
Kinectimals.Now.with.Bears.DLC.XBOX360-MoNGoLS
Kinect.Fun.Labs.Mutation.Station.DLC.XBOX360-MoNGoLS
Just.Dance.3.Heartof.Glass.DLC.XBOX360-MoNGoLS
Just.Dance.3.Fame.DLC.XBOX360-MoNGoLS
Fallout.New.Vegas.Gun.Runners.Arsenal.DLC.XBOX360-MoNGoLS
Fallout.New.Vegas.Couriers.Stash.DLC.XBOX360-MoNGoLS
Guardian.Heroes.XBLA.XBOX360-MoNGoLS
REAL_STEEL_XBLA_XBOX360-XBLAplus

Reactions: 3 people

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very informative. On the subject of ODE's, what's your stance on them? Live safe? Think it's possible to patch them? Or can Microsoft not due so, without throwing out a new motherboard like the RGH, and Corona. I realize you might not have all the answers, but might as well ask.

431unknown

VR Gaming Enthusiast
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Just wanted to add that the liteon ihas124b baseline model can be bought off of newegg for under 19$. (They have most of the other flashable models too.) I picked up 2 of them last Friday and they showed up on my door step today. I have yet to flash them tho and probably won't get time to do that till after this weekend some time.

Reactions: 1 person

FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah I had meant to say they were not all expensive drives.

Emulators- have the potential to be live safe. Patchable on the part of MS..... hard to say but if they have proper emulation and ability to be updated (and a team/code to do it) then no but if they have large portions of fixed (as in fixed in place) code then it gets more troublesome (see for instance the very old chips for earlier 360 drives people had way back when). The trouble is you can do a good job and do a bad job but still have it load games with the latter not being live safe. So far some teams have made interesting choices re security sectors and getting XDG3 to work and c4e had some interesting things to say about some other teams although I should note vested interests in other teams at points there. Done properly for as long as we can flash drives we can have drive emulation and given the amount of tries MS has had to get it right and relatively speaking how close we are to the end of the 360 things look good.

I am out of the country for some time though so I will not have the option to pull one apart or test it- first I will probably hear of it will be if/when MS kicks off a banwave.

431unknown

VR Gaming Enthusiast
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Finally got around to flashing my ihas drives (as well as updating my jtag). While I won't go as far as saying my burns are safe for live they work great in my jtag. The ihas flashing is easy and quick and I only had to burn 2 coaster discs to get them dialed in for my cheap memorex discs. Only thing I can recommend for people having any problems is google and read.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Wlak like a Wlaker