1. Robika

OP Robika GBAtemp Fan

Hi so my original Seagate enclosure was f-d by my father in law, so now I have to buy a new I want one that is good quality and in case of the surge the disk stays protected, can I get some EU recommendations?

2. alexander1970

Austria
  3. Robika

OP Robika GBAtemp Fan

alexander1970 likes this.
  4. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer
    Reporter

United Kingdom
    I am all for buying premium gear where it matters but I am not sure such a thing exists in USB caddy world (or at least not anything other than fancy material used on the case, or maybe some really swish stuff in the hard drive recovery world). As such I treat them all as consumable items.

Similarly are you really likely to experience a power surge? I don't know that I have ever had a hard drive killed by such a thing outside of lightning strikes.
    Any drive that dies in a caddy is usually because they are sensitive electromechanical devices and people drop them or jostle them in their bag as they go about their daily lives.

alexander1970 likes this.
  5. alexander1970

Austria
    ..and nobody mentioned it when it comes to Issues with the HDD (also this "dropping some Things" on a closed Laptop/Smartphones floating magically to the Ground).:evil:

6. Robika

OP Robika GBAtemp Fan

I mean I get it but I had this seagate for 7 years now and never had any problems. He broke the power cord connector because....impatience.

Since I have to chose what he gets me, I want something that I will not have to replace myself in a few months. That is why I am asking for something that is quality and not something that will generate a need to spend more money in 2 years.

I have a good quality HDD with a Seagate case and I think the fair thing is to replace something like this with an equally good thing. If you break someones PS4 pro you will not replace it with a used ps4 fat.

7. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer
    Reporter

United Kingdom
    Like for like, or better still, is a fine policy in life. At this point I would sooner then have two or three caddies, or maybe have them for the selection of hard drives (sata + IDE sort of thing) rather than have one with some fancy brushed aluminium case or maybe slightly wider with shock mounts.

Also if that PS4 fat is capable of being hacked...

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - enclosure,