Homebrew 32X Virtual Console games

FoxySonicMaster108

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I've tried injecting Knuckles Chaotix into a Sonic 3 Wad and every time it starts up it pops up with this:
Knuckles Chaotix work on Virtual Console NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.png

Can someone please help me with this?

Reactions: SaulFabre

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Well I'm no expert in the subject but it looks fairly self explanatory... Whatever emulator you're using doesn't seem to support 32X games. Which would make sense because no 32X games were released on the Wii Virtual Console.

I presume that's the same message you'd get if you attempted to plug the real cartridge directly into a real Megadrive

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
@FoxySonicMaster108 Sorry for necrobump... but i have to aclare this.

There is no way to run SEGA 32X / Mega 32X games in the "built-in" VC emulator of Wii of SEGA Genesis / Mega Drive.

Genesis 32X (or simply 32X) is a peripheral designed for Genesis / Mega Drive by SEGA for expand the 16-bit Genesis/Mega Drive's functionalities with additional hardware and specs for make it run in 32-bit. And these games that require the 32X hardware will lock up in a "incompatible hardware" screen if inserted into the Genesis/Mega Drive without the 32X peripheral.

If you really want to play SEGA 32X on Wii, the only thing i can recommend is using this newish port for Wii of the emulator PicoDrive, which is a true 32X emulator, but it is still in progress and some games may slowdown.

This newish PicoDrive Wii can be downloaded with LibRetro's RetroArch Wii.

Here's a thread about this here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/32x-emulation-is-now-on-wii.587508/

And here's a download link for the official LibRetro's RetroArch Wii emulator pack: https://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/nintendo/wii/

Greetings

Reactions: Tarmfot

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night