3 in 1 not working right with Cyclo

Discussion in 'EZ-Flash' started by nick944, Oct 24, 2008.

Oct 24, 2008
  1. nick944
    OP

Newcomer nick944 Member

United States
    I got a GBA size 3 in 1, but it seems to have an odd problem. When I use it with my cyclo (with rudolphs GBA Exploder) it only shows the PSRAM mode and NOR mode, not the rumble settings. When I put it on my AK2 it has all three modes NOR, PSRAM, and Rumble. What is wrong with it? (I need it working with the cyclo as it is my main card)

2. Tanas

Member Tanas GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    RAM and Rumble mode dont work with the Cyclods.

3. nick944
    OP

Newcomer nick944 Member

United States
    Why is that? I've never heard of this before... [​IMG]

4. Tanas

Member Tanas GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    There is quite a few cards that it doesnt work with, The itouch, EZFlash V, CYcloDS, Edge and probably a few others.

5. nick944
    OP

Newcomer nick944 Member

United States
    Actually thanks to Team Cyclops forums I found out how. You have to copy a hidden file from the CycloDS folder to the root, and it will work perfectly.

6. cutterjohn

Member cutterjohn GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    er... not to mention that the Cylose fw directly supports RAM and rumble, so Exp loader is only needed for running GBA games, unless you're using the v1.5beta in which case I think that they've got the auto-GBA patching all fixed up now so all games will work. IIRC I think that v1.4 (maybe 1.3) works with both the older 3in1 and the newer ones. (I've only got the original 3in1 chipset myself and know for a fact that that one works directly with the fw settings.)

OTOH they did mention something about breaking save compatibility with Exploader because of some dimwits not following instructions on usage. (The Cyclo seems to have drawn a good chunk of the ADHD crowd...)

(I hope that they changed their mind about the save file compatibility as if they didn't, it makes the GBA feature of the OS useless to me as I use carts other than the Cyclo as well, and have to use Exploader with them.)

7. AeroHex

Banned AeroHex Banned

Australia
    what about supercard?

8. Whiternoise

Member Whiternoise GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I've just got my EDGE from dx, so we shall see how that works - i've got a 3 in 1 on order as well.

Should be good anyway!