Hacking 3.72 soft brick help

PJr18

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
@tuan12a6 hey man, same thing happened to me, my original fw was 3.73, I tried to downgrade it to 3.68, it bricked and the safe mode only allowed the option 5.

I followed your steps in this thread but when I try to update it, it says "latest version already installed" tried it with 3.68 pup and 3.72 pup on PSV update but still the same.

Any workaround?

Ronghuang88

Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
@tuan12a6 hey man, same thing happened to me, my original fw was 3.73, I tried to downgrade it to 3.68, it bricked and the safe mode only allowed the option 5.

I followed your steps in this thread but when I try to update it, it says "latest version already installed" tried it with 3.68 pup and 3.72 pup on PSV update but still the same.

Any workaround?

Hi Guys,

I manage to solve the 7% bullshit error. Go to hxxps://darthsternie.net/ps-vita-firmwares/
and download your PS Vita version (mine is 3.73) and replace the one you have in QCMA. For newbie, please have a proper XML file which you can find it over here : hxxps://yadi.sk/d/Cm0BrxDG36BxaC/3.73-2019_0924
It is in those us, au, cn, sa folder of the provided Link.

(Please change the xx to tt)
Thanks
Rong

karakatos

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Hi Guys,

I also have this 7% problem with PS VITA 1004 (EU).
I downloaded the firmware from the post above and also the xml for EU.
But i still get the error at 7%.
Also tried to start the vita up (black screen) and leave it on the black screen for 1-5mins,
Then i tried to reinstall QCMA, I redownloaded the firmware and then ultimately i also tried it on an other computer where QCMA was never installed before. nothing worked :(

QCMA options should be fine:
Ignore local file psp2... not activated (also tried it with this option activated)
Use this version for updates is Custom 03.730.000

btw. the softbrick happend when i tried to go from 3.73 down to 3.60 with modoru.
I feel like i have tried everything. Does anybody of you have an idea what causes the error for me?
I really i hope i missed something, im quite a newbie to hacking my VITA

ZeroSene

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Karakatos, may I ask, you use MODORU v2 right? Because v3.73 will get softbrick with v1. Solution for that is all around our forum, so I just borrow them
Similar situation trying to downgrade from 3.73 to 3.70 also having "The system is on the latest firmware" when recovery update.

the fix is Update the vita to the latest 3.73 then h-encore 2.... u can downgrade etc etc lucky latest firmware can downgrade atm
1. Go here in Complete Official Firmwares Section download the 3.73 update file
2. extract PSVita OFW 3.73.zip only that zip then put the PSP2UPDAT.PUP to "Documents\PSV Updates"
3. on QCMA settings
  • Use this version for updates is Custom
  • Custom PS Vita version is 03.730.000
4. on your vita, only option "Update System Software" then "Connecting to a PC" - should work, if work update next etc agreement
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you have this "The system is on the latest firmware"
1. Make sure again on QCMA check Custom PS Vita version is on 03.730.000 not FW 0.00 (Always up-to-date) or FW 3.60 (HENkaku/enso) or anything like that sort.

If you update and around 7% you have this "C3-12027-2"
1. Again make sure on QCMA check Custom PS Vita version is on 03.730.000 not FW 0.00 (Always up-to-date) or FW 3.60 (HENkaku/enso) or anything like that sort.
2. Also check if you have the right PSP2UPDAT.PUP for the firmware, right language for your country signed in PSN register on the vita.

Then you should be good to go :toot:

Last edited by ZeroSene,

karakatos

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Hi Zerosense,

First of all thanks for your reply.
Yes, i used v2.
I already tried the instructions you're referring to.

ZeroSene

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Can you tell me more? Do the fix for softbrick by update bring your system back to normal? Or did you stuck somewhere?

karakatos

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
the update fails at 7% still.
everything i tried fails at 7%.
My vita is currently charging so i can't try now, but when i remebmer correct the error code was C1-2758-2

Last edited by karakatos,

karakatos

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Okey, tried it with option online.
then a notification comes up which says The PSVITA has requested an update check, downloading from "link to xml".
But nothing happend, so i went to donwload it by myself.
Then i activated the option use personal xml file.
This worked, but then a notification comes up which says The PSVITA has requested an update check, downloading from "link to systemdata file".
But again nothing happend so i went to download this aswell it was only the systemdata ~50MB.
Got the same error installing this but after about 30%.

The xml has 3 links to update files, full, systemdata and preinst.
I guess i need all of these but they all have the same filename.
Any idea how i can get QCMA to download it?

SOLVED!
I managed to do it :)
i had to download all 3 files and rename them.
then rename the file names in the xml file.

Last edited by karakatos,
Reactions: tosti

hollowday

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After a day and a half of nothing working, this post saved my vita. I'd hug you, but the pandemic. Seriously, thank you so much for this post and i hope it helps anyone with this problem

Reactions: tosti

als2583

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
"hello everyone,
my friend used modoru on 3.7 vita and gets soft bricked. When he tries to reinstall fw via safe mode with qcma, he gets an error about "The latest system software is already installed" message. So is there any idea about which part is wrong? or can someone gives me a step by step guide? so we can see our mistake.
thanks for all helps..."

I have the same trouble,but with 3.73.
I have looked at all the posts,and the tips but can't get anything to work,i have tried changing the settings on Qcma and nothing will work
when i do the update systems software its get to around 65% and then says "This system software can"t be used with this system".
Does anyone know what i can do to fix this,any help would be much appreciated.

als2583

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
"hello everyone,
my friend used modoru on 3.7 vita and gets soft bricked. When he tries to reinstall fw via safe mode with qcma, he gets an error about "The latest system software is already installed" message. So is there any idea about which part is wrong? or can someone gives me a step by step guide? so we can see our mistake.
thanks for all helps..."

I have looked at all the posts,and the tips but can't get anything to work,i have tried changing the settings on Qcma and nothing will work
when i do the update systems software its get to around 65% and then says "This system software can"t be used with this system".

als2583

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
"hello everyone,
thanks for all helps..."

BruhIBrickedIt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
An anyone clearify how am supposed to change my region while in safe mode? I dont really understand, thanks (also having soft bricking stuff, if you reply, ill provide details, thank you)

Jamcob_

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Full unbrick from black screen when safe mode settings are greyed out:

1. Go to PC and right click on Qcma in your tray (bottom right of your task bar)
2. Click "Settings"
3. Click on the "Other" tab
4. Set "CMA Protocol selection" to' Latest'
5. Set "Use this version for updates" to 'Custom'
6. Manually set "Custom PS Vita Version" to latest firmware
- as of 2021, that is version 3.73 so in this case type "03.730.000"
(you will need to change this appropriately if the version you're updating to is different)
7. Click 'OK'

8. Download latest firmware from URL: darthsternie.net/ps-vita-firmwares/ (or elsewhere)
- file should be called "PSP2UPDAT.PUP"
9. Copy that file into your PSV Updates folder, this is found in your PC Documents folder
10. Connect PS Vita to PC
11. Boot up Vita in safe mode (holding down PS Button+R and powering on)
12. On Vita, select "Update Using PC"

Any downgrades you want to do can be tried again.

Last edited by Jamcob_,

ethan202345

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
[QUOTE = "Schmub, publicación: 8788140, miembro: 503668"] OMIGOSH FUNCIONÓ MUCHAS GRACIAS OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG ¡¡¡TENÍA TAN ASUSTADO QUE DESTRUYÉ MI VITA TYSM !!!! [/ QUOTE]
buenas tardes amigo estoy teniendo el mismo problema y no e encontrado como resolverlo quisiera saber como le hiciste, por favor

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[QUOTE = "Schmub, publicación: 8788140, miembro: 503668"] OMIGOSH FUNCIONÓ MUCHAS GRACIAS OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG ¡¡¡TENÍA TAN ASUSTADO QUE DESTRUYÉ MI VITA TYSM !!!! [/ QUOTE]
buenas tardes amigo estoy teniendo el mismo problema y no e encontrado como resolverlo quisiera saber como le hiciste, por favor

Please post in English, this is an English-speaking community.

Publique en inglés, esta es una comunidad de habla inglesa.

Reactions: NeoGranzon

ethan202345

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
[QUOTE = "karakatos, post: 8990970, member: 521578"] Okey, lo probé con la opción en línea.
luego aparece una notificación que dice que PSVITA ha solicitado una verificación de actualización, descargando desde "enlace a xml".
Pero no pasó nada, así que fui a descargarlo yo solo.
Luego activé la opción usar archivo xml personal.
Esto funcionó, pero luego aparece una notificación que dice que PSVITA ha solicitado una verificación de actualización, descargando desde "enlace al archivo de datos del sistema".
Pero nuevamente no pasó nada, así que fui a descargar esto también, solo eran los datos del sistema ~ 50 MB.
Obtuve el mismo error al instalar esto pero después de aproximadamente un 30%.

El xml tiene 3 enlaces para actualizar archivos, full, systemdata y preinst.
Supongo que necesito todos estos, pero todos tienen el mismo nombre de archivo.
¿Alguna idea de cómo puedo descargar QCMA?

¡RESUELTO!
Me las arreglé para hacerlo :)
Tuve que descargar los 3 archivos y cambiarles el nombre.
luego cambie el nombre de los archivos en el archivo xml. [/ QUOTE]

amigo me podrías ayudar es que tengo el mismo problema y todavía no e encontrado una solución ya e intentado de todo pero me da este error c3-3822-5, gracias de antemano

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

[QUOTE = "Hayato213, post: 9491298, member: 377749"] Por favor, publique en inglés, esta es una comunidad de habla inglesa.

Publique en inglés, esta es una comunidad de habla inglesa. [/ QUOTE]

Friend could you help me is that I have the same problem and I still have not found a solution already and tried everything but it gives me this error c3-3822-5, thanks in advance

Last edited by ethan202345,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o