sekhu

moo?
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This may be related to other versions too.

How do you enable or disable the UMD Mode on or Off? I Have found the SonyMP669 (or something) and the M33 mode but no UMD on/off mode. Reason I ask is that this is the most compatible version for gaming I read.

I'm having problems with Daxter running, it freezes when starting the game or does it randomly I'm not certain. I tried Wipeout pulse and that game works fine, and they're both on the same memory stick so I assume that it's not the memory stick.

I think that's everything but if I have more questions I Will update this thread.

Is there any reason to update to 3.80 m33-mx yet from 3.71 m33-4 yet, and is there a step by step idiots guide to doing this procedure if you have 3.71 installed?

Thanks in advance

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
This may be related to other versions too.

How do you enable or disable the UMD Mode on or Off? I Have found the SonyMP669 (or something) and the M33 mode but no UMD on/off mode. Reason I ask is that this is the most compatible version for gaming I read.

I'm having problems with Daxter running, it freezes when starting the game or does it randomly I'm not certain. I tried Wipeout pulse and that game works fine, and they're both on the same memory stick so I assume that it's not the memory stick.

I think that's everything but if I have more questions I Will update this thread.

Is there any reason to update to 3.80 m33-mx yet from 3.71 m33-4 yet, and is there a step by step idiots guide to doing this procedure if you have 3.71 installed?

Thanks in advance

Sony NP6990 is the most compatible NO-UMD mode, as it was written by sony in preparation for downloadable games via PSN.

Daxter may not work unless you set the CPU CLOCK GAME option to 300/150 or higher. It is the only game that has known problems when running from a memory stick.

As of right now, the only improvement in 3.80 M33-X is PSX game compatibility, and the ability to update to the latest m33 firmware with the "Network Update" function, which is worth it for me.

sekhu

moo?
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
thanks for the prompt reply arctic, is the sony mode better than the m33 mode too?

Is there any other options I ought to play with or adjust or will the games work with default settings? Or should I mode the modes variably?

cheers

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
The Sony loader is on-par with the m33 loader. You can try both (I can't really honestly say I notice any difference...)

All games I've tried except for Daxter work on the default settings. They will run smoother on a CPU clock speed greater than 222 MHz, but your battery life will be shorter.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: But other than PC and Amiga ports I don't think Time Soldiers had any game system ports after...