Hacking 3.4E WII!

ng80092a

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
lol my wii is pretty outdated, i've just found out it's a 3.4E anyone is interested in the code? i could send the nand backup or something
anyways i wanna softmod it, what should i do? update to 4.2 first or something? and how could i do it? wich games do update it?

ng80092a

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i've read about 4 or 5 guides so far, and no one explains what's going on between versions, not even the stickied noob starter guide, altough it was pretty useful..
and no, i don't wanna follow any of them without knowing what i'm doing
i don't know if it's better to update to 4.2 before softmodding it, or do it as 4.1

The Beast

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dont update to 4.2 you will lose the ability to back up your nand and more importantly restore it if you brick your wii! As stated do your research before attempting to softmod.
I found This site very informative. BTW my wii is 3.4E softmodded and I'm able to play every game that I've tried inc NSMBW

ng80092a

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
well, you'r wrong and i'm pretty sure of that, you will still be able to backup your nand on 4.2, as you will still be able to install bootmii on boot2, and yes, now i know i'm ready to go, thanks

Kingc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Keep your mouth shut if you don't know what you are talking about.

I updated to 4.2, backup my nand and installed bootmii as boot 2 and IOS. Follow zxzeros guide, you cannot fail...

ng80092a

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
davess said:
ng80092a said:
keep my mouth shut?
tell me how you backup nand before installing bootmii
ohhh god,

you need bootmii to make a nand backup.

really? are you sure?
unsure.gif
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?act=Post&...p;qpid=2436353#

The Beast

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Kingc said:

I updated to 4.2, backup my nand and installed bootmii as boot 2 and IOS. Follow zxzeros guide, you cannot fail...

You are of course correct when doing an unofficial update however updating via nintendo will overwrite boot2 with boot2 v4 and you wont be able to install bootmii.
lecture.gif

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The Beast said:
Kingc said:

You are of course correct when doing an unofficial update however updating via nintendo will overwrite boot2 with boot2 v4 and you wont be able to install bootmii.
lecture.gif

Doesn't Hackmii 0.5 install bootmii on boot2v4?

tanis698

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Beast said:
Kingc said:

lecture.gif
the beast you are wrong. nintendo can overwrite boot2 and you can still install bootmii to boot 2 because boot1 is what makes it so you can or can't install bootmii as boot2.older wii's don't have the changed boot1 witch nintendo changed in 2008..

hatredg0d

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Beast said:
Dont update to 4.2 you will lose the ability to back up your nand and more importantly restore it if you brick your wii! As stated do your research before attempting to softmod.
I found This site very informative. BTW my wii is 3.4E softmodded and I'm able to play every game that I've tried inc NSMBW
Umm your a dumb ass. ng80092a dont EVER listen to him.

ng80092a said:
well, you'r wrong and i'm pretty sure of that, you will still be able to backup your nand on 4.2, as you will still be able to install bootmii on boot2, and yes, now i know i'm ready to go, thanks
And the Beast Just got PWND by a noob. good job ng80092a!
Its nice to see your so dumb someone who doesnt even have homebrew knows you dont know what your talking about.
The Beast said:
QUOTE(Kingc @ Dec 4 2009, 11:11 PM)

lecture.gif
Wow, dont help people if you dont know what your talking about. and no, you cant tell me you do. cuz you obviously DONT.

ok ng80092a, i personally recommend updating to 4.2. then installing homebrew channel, dvdx, bootmii Via the hackmii installer. right after back up your nand. and yes, you make back ups through bootmii. when installed as boot2 restart the wii with the sd card that u used to install HBC and and bootmii in, then you should see bootmii pop up. you navigate through bootmii using the power button, and reset to select. you want to go to the last icon (gears or something like that) then go to the icon that shows an SD card and a GREEN arrow. after selecting that, your nand will start backing up. if it tells you that you have bad blocks. dont worry, thats normal. after being completed, it will have put 2 files on the root of your sd card. NAND.bin and keys. copy both of those to a safe place. then if you ever need to resotre, you do the same steps, but click the sd card with the RED arrow. after that your safe to fallow almost any guide. but i recommend getting STARTPATCH and blocking updates!!!

ng80092a

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i didn't mean to pwn him it just got confusing for a second and i had to recheck the maths, but its ok

i have other problem now, i have a nand backup and it's working so far
tongue.gif

and i'm trying to update the wii to 4.2 unpacking all of the European nusd wads (except the boot2v4 one) using wad import
the thing is.. i unpack all the 47 wads and then, the console just doesn't boot, ever.. no error, no nothing what's going on?

broksonic

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm still on 3.4e . So if i update to 4.2 i will still have hombrew and be able to install bootmii as boot 2 ?

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
If I were you, I would just update with DOP-IOS MOD...no Stubs, the Ability to patch the IOS (with very usefull things like Trucha, etc.), and the Ability to update the Systemmenu and the Channels too. All in one, you know :)? But I would install the 4.1 Menu...4.2 hasn't any benefit...

Oh, and have an NAND-Backup ready, in case anything goes wrong. All at your risk!

Btw: Why would anyone be interessted in a 3.4 Dump? There's nothing interessting there, the only interessting version for some people here is 1.0...

ng80092a

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i have other problem now, i have a nand backup and it's working so far tongue.gif

and i'm trying to update the wii to 4.2 unpacking all of the European nusd wads (except the boot2v4 one) using wad import
the thing is.. i unpack all the 47 wads and then, the console just doesn't boot, ever.. no error, no nothing what's going on?

hatredg0d

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make SURE your installing whatever ios the system menu uses (60 for 4.0-1, 70 for 4.2 )
And the actual systemmenuvXXX.wad named something like thAT. as long as those 2 things are installed it should boot (knowing boot2 is good)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended