Ragolay

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi everyone :)

First of all, I wanted to say that I don't use gbatemp much and I don't know if I'll make any mistakes in the post. I apologize in advance.

I've been collecting Pokémon ROMs on my computer for a long time. Currently I have all the existing ones, even the ones that are in Japanese even though I don't understand it.

I have installed GB CIAs with GB Injector, GBC CIAs with GBC Injector and GBA CIAs with GBA Injector (all three created by @Asdolo, which I take the opportunity to thank). All have worked perfectly, although I have had to do some previous adjustment with HxD editor to enable the save of the game.

To install the 22 NDS CIAs I have used the Forwarder3DS. Of those 22 games, there are 3 that I can't get to work: Pokémon Dash, Pokémon Conquest and Pokémon Ranger 3. The first two are blank when opened, although they do not block the 3DS, and can return to the HOME menu without problems. The Ranger 3 allows me to get to the game menu, although the graphics are shaky. Once I press "New game", the screen goes black, although it allows me to return to the HOME menu also without problems.

Here's the weird thing: using the no$gba DS emulator on the computer, Dash and Conquest work perfectly, but Ranger 3 doesn't even allow me to access the start menu. The "The Pokémon Company" logo appears, then the "Creatures" logo, then the black screen.

A few weeks ago, the CIAs for Pokémon Gold and Silver weren't working either, and what I had to do was "import seed" from the FBI's "Titles" menu. I have made this post in case anyone knows if I have to do something similar to what I did with Gold and Silver for these 3 CIAs / ROMs.

I thank you all for your attention for reading me and I apologize if the post has been very long, I do not know if it is best to be brief or extend more and explain myself better :)

Last edited by Ragolay,
Reactions: Willsito_GG

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
afaik, games that require seeds will not even start. think it will get stuck on the 3ds screen whenever you boot up the game. as far as forwarders go, it could be the name of the rom. the accent mark over the e might affect it, but I'm not sure. it's been so long since I've used forwarders. I also don't know if all games work with forwarders.

Reactions: Ragolay

placebo_yue

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
i have pokemon conquest running with no problems. Try a different rom, also get rid of the accent on the e as godreborn says. Make sure to AP-patch (and safe trim if you want, to save a few Mbs) those games with "DS scene rom tool v1.0 build 1215", i always do that before installing and so far all the games i tried worked

Ragolay

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
afaik, games that require seeds will not even start. think it will get stuck on the 3ds screen whenever you boot up the game. as far as forwarders go, it could be the name of the rom. the accent mark over the e might affect it, but I'm not sure. it's been so long since I've used forwarders. I also don't know if all games work with forwarders.
i have pokemon conquest running with no problems. Try a different rom, also get rid of the accent on the e as godreborn says. Make sure to AP-patch (and safe trim if you want, to save a few Mbs) those games with "DS scene rom tool v1.0 build 1215", i always do that before installing and so far all the games i tried worked
Thanks you both for answer me! :)

Unfortunately, removing the accent from the E has not worked.

Through the method of the DS-Scene Rom Tool (which I did not know and I thank you) I have made Ranger 3 work! Thank you. The start menu is still somewhat unstable, but once I start the game (before I could not even) everything seems to be fine.

However, with the DS Scene Rom Tool, although it recognizes the Dash and the Conquest, it is not able to apply the AP Patch.

I guess I have to download other EUR ROMs as you advise me and try with the DS Scene Rom Tool until it lets me apply the AP Patch, right?

Attachments

• conquest.png
    conquest.png
    14.9 KB · Views: 70
  • dash.png
    dash.png
    16.3 KB · Views: 66

placebo_yue

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
some games don't have AP patches, they still should work nontheless.
Try with other versions of the roms, maybe they do have patches, or perhaps they don't have/need them.As i said, i have pokemon conquer running on my o3ds, so it should work

Reactions: Ragolay

Ragolay

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
The problem with the Pokémon Conquest turned out to be an outdated nds-bootstrap. It was solved by the advice of @RocketRobz, who I greatly appreciate his help.

With the TWilight Menu ++ and the Universal Updater, updating the nds-boostrap everything was solved.

Thanks to everyone who helped me with the Conquest and Ranger 3 :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram ple bs lol