Status
Not open for further replies.

locomia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have an european PAL Wii and heave installed a Wiikey modchip with Wiiclip, latest version.I did this installation last week and tested some games.
It worked for original PAL/US games, copied PAL games and some copied US games
2 of the US (NTSC) copiad games did not work. I don´t know if it´s due to the region or the fact they´re copied.
The firmware is 3.3E.

Will this guide help me to run more games, including these 2 which did not work ??

I mean, I can see it´s needed to do all theses steps to install things like Gamma Loader, Gecko OS, and other "loaders", but do you really think installing a loader will help me to expand the games compliant with my console? Which loader is more powerful, in these terms?

Is it recommended or not-recommended to run loaders together with modchips (in my case, the WiiKey)?

I have Sony DVD-R and SanDISK 1Gb SD card. Will them work?

killajackson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi,

I recently followed a youtube guide to downgrade from 3.4U to 3.2U (I'm new to homebrew). The guide never had me run the IOS downgrader, only the cIOS downgrader. Will this cause me any problems, if so, can I fix them?
I'm at 3.2U now and everything appears to be fine.

Thanks a lot!

Gingy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I'm giving this a second shot. I have the Backup Channel installed and everything, and I've found an external DVD-drive that should work just fine in burning ISOs. My only problem now is what disk to use.

I currently have:

Maxell DVD-Rs
Memorex DVD+Rs

Will either of these work for burning ISOs, or will I have to go out and buy some Verbatims?

morpheus9394

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,
Excellent guide and excellent advice.
I have read the whole thread so far and I could do with some advice before I carry on.
My Wii is a PAL machine with 3.4E firmware.

I previously followed Wii Softmodding for Dummies v2.2:

I installed the Zelda Hack and Homebrew channel, used WAD Manager 1.3 to install IOS16.WAD and then restarted Wii
Used Wad Manager for IOS16 to install CIOS_249.WAD and the Backchannel.WAD
Reset Wii and this time used Wad Manager 1.3 again to install Geckos OS with 002 Fix.WAD, IOS38-64-v3609.wad, IOS53-64-v4113.wad and IOS55-64-v4633.wad and reset the Wii again.

I use GeckOS to launch to PAL backups works fine and gives me no problems but it sounds like downgrading to 3.2E and installing starfall is a good idea, especially as I have as done the above for a couple of my non-techie friends and I am afraid they might brick they machine.

I think all I need to do is run the CIOS Downgrader to get to 3.2E and then install Starfall but can someone confirm that is that case before I continue.
Do I still need to install the IOS downgrader or I can I do straight to the CISO Downgrader?
Once I downgrade to 3.2E will I need to reinstall my existing WADs, like the Geckos or my VC games?

Sorry if the above are silly questions. I only got into the Wii homebrew scene two weeks ago so I am playing catch up really. I don't mind taking risks with my own Wii but I want to be sure before I do anything on my friends machines.
Thanks in advance.

rulnip

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This tutorial worked wonderful and I am now at version 3.2 playing my backups beautifully! Thank you so much for the time put into this and for all the help you been giving others
grog.gif

Speed Freak

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm having a quite weird problem. Everything worked so far, but when I try to install the cIOS Installer, no matter how many times I press A it doesn't do anything, the system just freezes and the only thing I can do to change it removing the power cable. What do I have to do for it to install?

micric100

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Everything worked great, thanks alot, but I do have 1 problem, my shop channel doesn't work:

At the step where you Install IOS51, I did exactly what you wrote, I install the ios and the fix, but not the wii shop channel.

I realized that 4.0 is out now and the shop channel changed completely and that's probably why nothing works.

My question is to uninstall the IOS51, and the fix, and if I should uninstall them if I plan on updating to 4.0 in the future to get the wii shop channel working.

gutoblauth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Ok, so i have done it till step 2, when says to Load cIOS, i have loaded, and sucessufully installed 3.2U, but when i go check the version, stills on 3.4U and I can't continue the downgrade because Starfall is for 3.2U only, and I've tryed again every step, and don't still working... at the second time, the cIOS downgrader doesn't sucefully downgraded my Wii!
wacko.gif

If i try this: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=138713
Will brick my wii???
Thanks
bow.gif

Dachamp007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this has been already answered as I have read through about 20 pages of the Topic but heres my situation. I have a Wii with 3.4u fw. I used the twilight princess hack and installed hbc succesfully (I think) I am able to run it and everything but it just brings up the initial screen .. I can get to the menu that says Back, about, reload and exit via the home key. And also when i press home it says network not initalized in the ul corner and IOS36 v12.18.....1.0.1.. Is this a problem with my wifi?? Also is the wad manager included with the hbc? I cant seem to find it anywhere on the net at all. Thanks and sorry for the newbism. This is my first wii hack although not my first softmod system, (original xbox and psp) Ive been out of the loop with homebrew for awile and any help would be much appreciated... Thanks

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
Dachamp007 said:
Sorry if this has been already answered as I have read through about 20 pages of the Topic but heres my situation. I have a Wii with 3.4u fw. I used the twilight princess hack and installed hbc succesfully (I think) I am able to run it and everything but it just brings up the initial screen .. I can get to the menu that says Back, about, reload and exit via the home key. And also when i press home it says network not initalized in the ul corner and IOS36 v12.18.....1.0.1.. Is this a problem with my wifi?? Also is the wad manager included with the hbc? I cant seem to find it anywhere on the net at all. Thanks and sorry for the newbism. This is my first wii hack although not my first softmod system, (original xbox and psp) Ive been out of the loop with homebrew for awile and any help would be much appreciated... Thanks
after you install the TPH and HBC you should use WadManagerv1.3 and install cIOS16 then run CWM and install cIOS_fix to be able to run IOSDowngrader and cIOSdowngrader afterward
wink.gif

Chargin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Strange question but can I downgrade if my Wii cant read discs anymore?
Im trying to get a USB loader setup now, as none of my games will work from the disc. Ive tried blowing compressed air through the DVD slot, didnt help.
As I cant load the game Zelda up, that means I cant downgrade right???

What about 4.0, thats getting the same workover soon that 3.2 has got right? if I wait for 4.0 hombrew will I be able to get all my games on a USB drive and play them that way? Seems my only way out as the unit is out of warrantee.

Chargin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok Ive just found out, you cant downgrade from version 4 to 3.2, maybe that should be in the instructions, for noobs like me...

WiiAsh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey all,

My version is 3.2E, I have got mostly everything installed except StarFall, I have tried B+1, B+2, B+1+2, and it will sit there for a while then go Failed!!!! Exiting....

Does anyone have any ideas, I have also check my wifi connections and i only have on connection in there and it is working fine :S if anyone could help it would be awesome..

thanks

From

Ashley

ToneEQ

Trophies
XP
Country
WiiAsh said:
Hey all,

My version is 3.2E, I have got mostly everything installed except StarFall, I have tried B+1, B+2, B+1+2, and it will sit there for a while then go Failed!!!! Exiting....

Does anyone have any ideas, I have also check my wifi connections and i only have on connection in there and it is working fine :S if anyone could help it would be awesome..

thanks

From

Ashley

I'm sure it's B + 1, it is _really_ picky though. Took me about about 40 seconds to do! I'm on 3.2E too.

I have uninstalled Starfall now (well, deactivated hacks) and installed Preloader 0.29 instead. Same hacks, but it loads before the system menu and you can choose System Menu, Homebrew Channel, Load From SD etc. I recommend it over Starfall.

elmachin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
help please when i try to run the cios installer in the hbc it goes to step 17 then it fails 101 ret -1. Followed the steps correctly? any help

WiiAsh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ToneEQ said:
WiiAsh said:
Hey all,

thanks

From

Ashley

I'm sure it's B + 1, it is _really_ picky though. Took me about about 40 seconds to do! I'm on 3.2E too.

I have uninstalled Starfall now (well, deactivated hacks) and installed Preloader 0.29 instead. Same hacks, but it loads before the system menu and you can choose System Menu, Homebrew Channel, Load From SD etc. I recommend it over Starfall.

Yeah I tried B + 1, it just comes up with the failed error!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo