• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

2nd stimulus check ??

spotanjo3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am not sure but They mention Heroes Act for 2nd stimulus. Does that mean it includes social security people to get it again ? I know Care acts for disability received it. my friend said he already get it but wants to know about this Heroes Act for 2nd stimulus. I said I dont know. That's why I am asking you.

Just one time like Care acts, right?

Last edited by spotanjo3,

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Just a quick google search for heroes act stimulus:
https://en.as.com/en/2020/05/25/other_sports/1590427980_024259.html

Source is poor, but I have no reason to doubt the content. :) (At least I havent heard anything different. ;) )

Basically, bill reached the Senate, where Republicans werent enthused. More discussions about a second stimulus package will be held starting June 1st.

As to 'how often' you'd potentially get another check, It should still be up in the air. (Not that often, maybe more than once, maybe not.. If at all. ;) )

edit: Here is a better writeup:
https://www.cnet.com/personal-finan...e-is-the-latest-on-another-round-of-payments/

edit: Actually looked at the act (proposal), there they specifically talk about 1200USD, and a one time payment. probably in addition to CARES, if this english makes sense to you -
In the case of any taxpayer with respect to whom refund or credit was made or allowed before the date of the enactment of this Act under subsection (f) of section 6428 of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 (as added by the CARES Act), such subsection shall be applied separately with respect to the excess (if any) of—

(1) the advance refund amount determined under section 6428(f)(2) of such Code after the application of the amendments made by this subtitle, over

(2) the amount of such refund or credit so made or allowed.
you can tell me if I'm wrong or not. ;)

That said, the act, as well as a second stimulus check in general are still in discussion. You'll know more after June 1st.
src: https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-congress/house-bill/6800/text

Last edited by notimp,

spotanjo3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a quick google search for heroes act stimulus:
https://en.as.com/en/2020/05/25/other_sports/1590427980_024259.html

Source is poor, but I have no reason to doubt the content. :) (At least I havent heard anything different. ;) )

Basically, bill reached the Senate, where Republicans werent enthused. More discussions about a second stimulus package will be held starting June 1st.

As to 'how often' you'd potentially get another check, It should still be up in the air. (Not that often, maybe more than once, maybe not.. If at all. ;) )

edit: Here is a better writeup:
https://www.cnet.com/personal-finan...e-is-the-latest-on-another-round-of-payments/

edit: Actually looked at the act (proposal), there they specifically talk about 1200USD, and a one time payment. probably in addition to CARES, if this english makes sense to you -

you can tell me if I'm wrong or not. ;)

That said, the act, as well as a second stimulus check in general are still in discussion. You'll know more after June 1st.
src: https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-congress/house-bill/6800/text

Ahh. Thank you. I will keep my eyes on it and let my friend know. Thanks again!

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Whomp whomp.
Senate Republican representatives have dismissed the House's new stimulus bill as a non-starter after its release, initially stating that any future aid package would have to wait until after Memorial Day on 25 May.
[...]
On Tuesday, 2 June, Senator Roy Blunt, made it clear Republicans in the Senate were in no mood to rush to pass a second stimulus package, saying he felt that it was unlikely to happen in June, but that in his opinion it should happen before the August break.
src: https://en.as.com/en/2020/06/02/other_sports/1591092977_630109.html
(Same odd source as the first time.)

Reactions: spotanjo3

spotanjo3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stimulus check 2 passed? Not yet, but it's in CARES 2 right now.

Does that mean we will get 1,200 once again ? Just one time check just like first one ?

Last edited by spotanjo3,

Jayinem81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The bill has to pass the senate and be signed by the President. It is in progress but not approved yet.

But yes it will be another 1 time $1200 again for the same people that got it the first time.

Jayinem81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heroes Act is a bill made by the Democrats. It includes the 1 time $1200 payment. But that isn't approved by the senate that's just a bill by the Democrats. The Republicans have a different bill they're making but that doesn't matter either. They all have to agree on the final bill then Trump has to sign it. It's either going to be $1200 stimulus check or nothing though they already agreed on $1200 but they have to pass the entire bill and they are disagreeing on other things. Everything's complicated when it comes to Government.

Easiest way to sum it up as of right this minute there is no stimulus check until the bill is approved by senate. It is just being worked on.

Last edited by Jayinem81,

spotanjo3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If Heroes Act is go ahead.. then What does Heroes Act means ? II still am not sure. It is for family work works and struggle ? Or it is also for disability people and people who are on welfare ?

Jayinem81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes people on disability will get the $1200 if it goes through. The exact same people that got the $1200 the first time will get it the second time, unless you make a certain amount of money they're trying to lower it to like $40,000 or $75,000 I'm not sure which one they settled on, but nobody on disability is likely making that much because you can't make very much money and be on disability.

spotanjo3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes people on disability will get the $1200 if it goes through. The exact same people that got the $1200 the first time will get it the second time, unless you make a certain amount of money they're trying to lower it to like $40,000 or $75,000 I'm not sure which one they settled on, but nobody on disability is likely making that much because you can't make very much money and be on disability.

You are talking about Cares 2 or also for Heroes Act as well if they get it through ?

Chains

GBAtemp Drifter
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We'll know within 3 days how much $ we'll get this time.
chart.png

Reactions: Vovajka

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs