Hacking 2nd modded Switch - need to start at beginning?

Pgdollar88

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all,

I was successful in modding a refurbished Switch that I purchased. However, the Switch has suddenly stopped casting to the TV when docked. I'm looking into getting it repaired by a local game shop.

In the meantime, I've purchased another moddable Switch. A question, because I'm very new to this. Do I need to go through all of the same steps (setting up an emuNAND, starting with clean SD card, etc) from the very beginning?

Is it possible to plug in the current SD card I have to the new Switch, inject a payload, and be back where I was with the other Switch? If not, will I be able to copy over the files on the SD card after I complete the other steps, like setting up and emuNAND? I know I'll obviously have to run Incognito on the new Switch.

Pgdollar88

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was seeing in other threads that that might be the issue. I'm trying to find someone near me who fixes Switches and can do this for me.

For my other question, does anyone know if I need to go through all of the same steps (setting up an emuNAND, starting with clean SD card, etc) from the very beginning? Or if I can move my SD card over to a new Switch and boot into CFW?

Pgdollar88

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to start out modding a new Switch, as I'm returning the one I was initially working on. Will I be able put in the SD card that I already created an emuNAND with into the new Switch, launch Atmosphere and access all of the same content?

Or do I need to start over, and create a new emuNAND with the new Switch? I'm obviously going to create a new backup of the new Switch before I start modding and running Incognito.

Basketto

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Ive actually had my dock stop projecting by plugging in cords in the wrong order.
Order you plug in cables actually can mess up your hdmi output funnily enough.
I think it needs to be power in dock,
Hdmi dock
Hdmi tv
Connect switch
Turn on TV.
Probly not going to help in your situation, but JIC.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to start out modding a new Switch, as I'm returning the one I was initially working on. Will I be able put in the SD card that I already created an emuNAND with into the new Switch, launch Atmosphere and access all of the same content?

Or do I need to start over, and create a new emuNAND with the new Switch? I'm obviously going to create a new backup of the new Switch before I start modding and running Incognito.
emuMMC is console-specific so you will have to remake it. You should also be using 90DNS instead of Incognito. Its safer for your console, has been around for longer, and is backed by the Switch community.

Reactions: Pgdollar88

Pgdollar88

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
emuMMC is console-specific so you will have to remake it. You should also be using 90DNS instead of Incognito. Its safer for your console, has been around for longer, and is backed by the Switch community.
Good to know about 90DNS. I already went through all the steps and ran Incognito again - I'm actually using both 90DNS and Incognito, just because I'm paranoid.

I may reverse Incognito and reapply my SN after your post - thanks for the info!

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good to know about 90DNS. I already went through all the steps and ran Incognito again - I'm actually using both 90DNS and Incognito, just because I'm paranoid.

I may reverse Incognito and reapply my SN after your post - thanks for the info!
If you want, you can use exosphere and dns.mitm to duplicate the effects of 90DNS and Incognito without the potential drawbacks of both 90DNS nor Incognito.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work