Hacking 2DS isn't booting anymore (infinite Blackscreen)

MoonKun

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Germany
[Solved by restoring sysNand(safe restore w/ gm9)! Never thought the backup would come in handy some day but.. uhh.. dont do illegal things, kids? idk. thanks to Kubas_inko and NicknameGoesHere! o3o]

I installed Luma 9.0 and B9S(1.3) yesterday and everything worked. [My FW is 11.6E]
After playing some Metroid: Samus Returns (from FreeShop) I installed some CIAs. (Super Haxagon, a DSP-Dump Tool [cant use the hb-version because i have a rosalina hb-launcher :wtf:]and
Orchestrina)
After dumping the DSP-Thing and playing around with those other games I started FreeShop and downloaded Pokémon Ultra Moon. [It took like 4-5 Hours to download it :wtf:]
Well this morning I have been playing Metroid: Samus Returns and turned it off after a while. When I tried to turn it back on it just shows a black screen [no error, just a blank black screen].
I can boot into Godmode9 and Luma Config. I tried to go to the Home Menu from Godmode9 and LumaConfig (by just tapping the power button and pressing the home button) but it keeps loading forever in that white "Home Menu Loading Screen". I saw many ways to fix this but it all sounded like its not the fix im searching for (you probably know that feeling xD). Ive tried booting into recovery mode but all I get is an ARM9 Error at first. After some time it gets me to that update screen but im not sure if I should do that update or if im even able to do an update (11.6 again lol). I've tried booting w/o the SD Card and/or Gamecard inserted: nothing works. (oh btw I have Luma installed to my system with that gm9 CTR install script thingy)
How can i fix this? D: oh, and just btw.. i'm like a lv. 2-3 Noob in things 3ds-Hacking (not lv. 1 because I do know something i guess? xP) so pls dont hurt me xc

Last edited by MoonKun,

DaTank45

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have all of the correct files on the sd card? could they have been deleted? do you have a nand back up you could restore?

MoonKun

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Germany
Do you have all of the correct files on the sd card? could they have been deleted? do you have a nand back up you could restore?
I don't know if i have the correct files. (I think i have though. Do I need those Boot9 and Boot11 files? Ive never deleted any files [except for that luma update thing]) I have a Nand BackUp from GM9 but idk how I restore it. ^^'

MoonKun

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Germany
https://mega.nz/#!BQ5E0JYL!qj_WkOHJnBXPuUxHPfk-On0D7hXzcQomaa2Y7ndaBH4

This link has all the files you need. Copy all the files that say to sd card to the root of your sd card. Then go to the folder called luma that is in this link and copy the boot.firm file from there and replace the boot.firm on the sd card.
Don't you need a Flashcard for NTRBoot? :D

EDIT: And can you provide something like a guide? :D It seems like I already have all the data except the ntrboot, which i didnt have before though.

Last edited by MoonKun,

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Yes, it starts the Luma v9.0 Config Screen. (oh btw i saw you on so many threads xD youre everywhere lol)
Change my post.
And yea. I either have good ideas or I am talking total bullsh!t ;)

1. Try the update.
2. CTRTransfer (via Godmode9, Decrypt9, Lazarus 3ds)

Last edited by Kubas_inko,
Reactions: MoonKun

NicknameGoesHere

RIP my sanity: 2018-2018
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, restoring a nand backup would probably be better than a CTRTransfer, as all the stuff on the home menu would still be there after the restore. From your explanation, it sounds like the firmware was damaged. Try the update, then try restoring the NAND backup.

Kubas_inko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Can I carry over my stuff? [btw ive installed all my games to the sd. are they going to work too? D:]
I am not really sure, if they will work. They might. I suggest to ask someone else about this. I was never really interested in keeping the games thru CTRTransfer, so I can't really say. Sorry.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

D
Wait, restoring a nand backup would probably be better than a CTRTransfer, as all the stuff on the home menu would still be there after the restore. From your explanation, it sounds like the firmware was damaged. Try the update, then try restoring the NAND backup.
Just noticed the conversation.
That is the best idea.

Last edited by Kubas_inko,

MoonKun

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Germany
How should I do that restore in GM9? Safe or Full?

NicknameGoesHere

RIP my sanity: 2018-2018
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Technically, you can keep your games on the homescreen. However I don't recommend using the CTRTransfer until you know that your nand backup does not work.

MoonKun

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Germany
I am not really sure, if they will work. They might. I suggest to ask someone else about this. I was never really interested in keeping the games thru CTRTransfer, so I can't really say. Sorry.

D

Does he have a backup?
Yes, i do have a Backup ^^ I made it before i started updating from 11.2 to 11.6

Kubas_inko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Safe

Do you have an 11.6 backup? How did you get the backup on 11.2?
Probably hacked his console on 11.2 -> backup-> update.

what happens if it fails? because it tells me now that this *could* damage my system data x_x
CTRTransfer :)
But first try the update (if you can still ge to the recovery mode)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.