Raymond7

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Dear community,

I may have found a source for the gateway bugs on 2DS.(Card removed error, red card errors)
The 2DS was first released during the time pokemon x and y were released. The first batch of 2DS that were produced got a different CPU in terms of security than the new batch of 2DS. Both 2DS of the first and new batch got same speed, functionality etc, except the improved security on the new batch of the 2DS.

What if the improved security CPU of the new batch 2DS tries to block gateway and therefore generates those red card errors. Maybe Nintendo changed the cpu read speed of the card or bringed an different method of reading cards more safely to block flashcards.

But this also could be that gateway is working properly on the new batch of 2DS while not properly working on the first batch.

This could explain why some 2DS have red card read errors while others have not.

Link:
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/05/2ds_cpu_update_looks_set_to_adjust_system_security

What do you guys think?
Is there anyway to check if you got the first or new batch of the 2DS?

WulfyStylez

SALT/Bemani Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dear community,

I may have found a source for the gateway bugs on 2DS.(Card removed error, red card errors)
The 2DS was first released during the time pokemon x and y were released. The first batch of 2DS that were produced got a different CPU in terms of security than the new batch of 2DS. Both 2DS of the first and new batch got same speed, functionality etc, except the improved security on the new batch of the 2DS.

What if the improved security CPU of the new batch 2DS tries to block gateway and therefore generates those red card errors. Maybe Nintendo changed the cpu read speed of the card or bringed an different method of reading cards more safely to block flashcards.

But this also could be that gateway is working properly on the new batch of 2DS while not properly working on the first batch.

This could explain why some 2DS have red card read errors while others have not.

Link:
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/05/2ds_cpu_update_looks_set_to_adjust_system_security

What do you guys think?
Is there anyway to check if you got the first or new batch of the 2DS?

The CPU only received a bootrom update, it's very unlikely that this would cause the fairly high-level errors that gateway users are seeing.

Raymond7

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The CPU only received a bootrom update, it's very unlikely that this would cause the fairly high-level errors that gateway users are seeing.
Hmm could be but this could be something thats bugging gateway... Anyway to see if you got a first batch 2ds or new batch 2ds?

nyder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a theory there there is a difference in the various batches of Gateway cards. That the people that are having the problem either have a new batch or older batch.

Raymond7

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have a theory there there is a difference in the various batches of Gateway cards. That the people that are having the problem either have a new batch or older batch.
But the red cards works perfect on the normal 3ds and 3ds XL but not on 2ds. This kinda isolates the gateway batch theory right?

nyder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But the red cards works perfect on the normal 3ds and 3ds XL but not on 2ds. This kinda isolates the gateway batch theory right?

Depends on the bug. What if the 2DS actually puts a little less power then the 3DS on the card, and a batch of Gateways have a slightly different SD adapter chip. One of them is tolerant of the difference, the other isn't.

Now I'm not saying this is the case, I'm saying this is possible.

Reactions: Raymond7

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Hmm? I didn't know the 3DS had CPU and bootrom revisions.
Anw unlikely that this is the direct cause. It might be an indirect cause though.
It's also possible that certain parts of the 2DS work differently from the 3DS (either s/w or h/w). Though if so then they would've solved it by now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Purple_Heart, the one i installed has the voices from the latam dub of the anime