OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Hi guys!
Previously sorry for my english!

I have some problems with downloading NAND dump to 2ds flash. DUMP WAS MADE 3 TIMES BEFORE 2DS BECOME BRICK! So it is correct dump.

My girlfriend wanted to install a9hl, but 2ds has bricked with sysUpdater installer. She gave device to me for repairment.

So i read some forums and there are some ways to download dump. First of all i ejected the SD-card and tried restoring 2ds with recovery mode. Fail. Recovery mode isn't work. Only black screens:

image.png

Then i tried to connect 2ds with SD-card adapter. I used one of solutions about hard mode. Fail. Also black screens:
DSC_0002.jpg

PC have no reaction on connected device. I tried to use several PCs and card-readers.

I have some soldering skills, so i made this:
DSC_0006.jpg

DSC_0010.jpg

I tried to read NAND flash using z3x jtag. jtag said that there is write protection on flash. Also it has 0Mb size. I thing that write protection is working, so jtag don't see really size of NAND.
Or there is no partition information table i think. Somehow sysupdater installer kill it (or my girlfriend don't tell me all what have she did with 2ds).

Is there some way to broke write protection and download dump to flash?
And there is another question:
2ds NAND flash Toshiba THGBM4G3P1HBAIR has pinout like 3ds NAND Flash KLM2G1DEHE-B101.
I am working in phone repairment service and sometimes we repair dead NANDs on Samsung phones with rebolling or replacing them. So, i have dead Samsung P5100 tablet. It has working NAND but dead processor. P5100 NAND KLMAG4FEJA-A002 (Samsung) has pinout like 3ds NAND and 2ds NAND, but it has size 16Gb. Is there any chance, that 2ds will work with it, if i can to download my NAND dump to it?

One more time - Sorry for my english. I hope you will understand me :rolleyes:
Thank you!

MAXLEMPIRA

Legends are Made from True Stories...
Trophies
Website
maxlempira.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Mexico
hmmn.... from the photos I can say that those small wires are part of the problem, they must be more thick, also I assume that you also use earth, right? Where did you solder it? For 2DS and N3DS, SD Card readers are hard to work, only a few special readers work with them, I think you exceed you method before ask :P but if you can reball the NAND to 2DS, first try these:

Use the smallest wires (Distance) but more thickest (I recommend phone cables)
Use SDCard Slot for the earth cable
Search for a compatible SDCard Reader here, there are some threads with more info about it (I personally use Anker Model:AR200 and work great with 2DS and N3DS)

Hope you can repair it, good luck!

EDIT: Oh! Also I can watch some tin between some point that maybe is causing a problem too, can you take a closer photo?

Last edited by MAXLEMPIRA,
Reactions: akvagrabli

akvagrabli

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
hmmn.... from the photos I can say that those small wires are part of the problem, they must be more thick, also I assume that you also use earth, right? Where did you solder it? For 2DS and N3DS, SD Card readers are hard to work, only a few special readers work with them, I think you exceed you method before ask :P but if you can reball the NAND to 2DS, first try these:

Use the smallest wires (Distance) but more thickest (I recommend phone cables)
Use SDCard Slot for the earth cable
Search for a compatible SDCard Reader here, there are some threads with more info about it (I personally use Anker Model:AR200 and work great with 2DS and N3DS)

Hope you can repair it, good luck!

EDIT: Oh! Also I can watch some tin between some point that maybe is causing a problem too, can you take a closer photo?

I will try NAND replacement method tomorrow (there is 3:06 in my country :D)
Also i used earth (the is no with earth connection on photo).
I will make some photos tomorrow after NAND replacement. Thank you :)

Reactions: MAXLEMPIRA

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lulz @Veho