Homebrew 2DS asking for 3D and OOT3DHax

yacepi15

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
A friend gave to me a 2DS bricked. It asks for 3D. I tried the button combo for starting a game at boot and worked. I have right here a OOT3D (i dont have CN) but when i try to load a 9.X payload,it powers off. I can do anything without buying a CN and putting on it the 1.1 payload?

Uziskull

Picture may not be real
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Is it really bricked? I mean, since the button combo for starting a game at boot works, the button combo for entering Recovery Mode should work as well.
If you have a way of loading OOT3Dhax into your game, you can enter Recovery Mode and upgrade the console to 11.0, since OOT3Dhax works on 11.0. That is, if you just want homebrew access (11.0 = no more homebrew-based downgrading).

Sonansune

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is it really bricked? I mean, since the button combo for starting a game at boot works, the button combo for entering Recovery Mode should work as well.
If you have a way of loading OOT3Dhax into your game, you can enter Recovery Mode and upgrade the console to 11.0, since OOT3Dhax works on 11.0. That is, if you just want homebrew access (11.0 = no more homebrew-based downgrading).
his mset is a downgraded version.(4.x i believe)
I doubt it can enter recovery mode

Sonansune

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh right, that's why it's asking him for 3D on a 2DS. My bad, forgot about that :P
Well then, I'm not sure if OOT3Dhax works for a firmware that low, but a bit of Google searching should help him.
option 1, and it's the only 1:
restore a backup nand after hardmod it

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
IIRC Ninjhax 1.1 uses the web browser. Which is why it needs X.X.X-7 and up
2DS comes with 6.x+ so it should have a new enough browser even if it's never been updated.
He would need to set up Ninjhax on another 3DS first though since installing Ninjhax 1.1 requires an internet connection.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That you'll only see once
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Double dickhead chinballs is still better than double dickhead eyeballs.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    As in, the balls will grow in your eye sockets.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I paid 5 grand to get them moved to my chin
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My hair can't be that cool
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Ah, yes, portrait mode, surely the best way to film a row of people. If only there were some way to fit a wider shot, at the expense of height... if only...
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    4k portrait mode?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Diddy - "I never touched her, that bitch is crazy." Video is released. Diddy - " Ok I did it, i am remorseful for my actions during my darkest times." Lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Glad that the Diddler got caught once again.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Iran ran out of options
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought I saw my ex on that new kingdom of the Apes poster
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I thought I saw a puttie snatch...
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm so pumped, NCAA football video game is back after a 10 year hiatus, coming to SeriesS/X, PS5 in July.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wish they would let us play the NCAA football 14 on newer xbox, its one of the only games I love and own on disc still, that is not back compatible, bs.
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    @BigOnYa My dad recently bought a spare Series X off of me, got game pass, and saw Madden '24 on Game Pass, decided to try it out.

...He was a bit taken aback by the 60GB download size. Poor guy's still living in the 90s!
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @AdenTheThird, Bro's still in the PS2 age.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol charging your dad's classic unless he's the type that doesn't like taking things like that
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol charging your dad's classic unless he's the type that doesn't like taking things like that