Hacking 2DS and Gateway

NaviJ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello I just received my gateway today and I am having some trouble setting it up on my 2DS.
I have followed the tutorial and put the launcher.dat on my sd card yet I cannot enter the gateway mode. It goes to the ds profile mode and stays there.

Another issue I am having is that the blue gateway card does not work it gives me an error and that my ds must power off after I launch the game. The game that comes up is deep labyrinth and from what i've seen that is what should show up. However, a way I found to get around this is to use my dstwo to install the gateway installer which worked successfully.

Some other info that I can provide is that I am on the version 9.2.0 and I bought the card from nds-card.com

If any more info is needed feel free to ask :)

Thanks in advance

NyaakoXD

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The DS Profile exploit only works on firmware 4.X (4.1-4.5). The blue card (R4i clone) is practically useless on the 2DS. The Gateway Installer used for the DS Profile Exploit is also useless on the 2DS since you need to be on firmware 4.X. You'll need to do the internet browser exploit method. You can find out how to do it here.

Edit: You can't downgrade your 2DS to 4.X since those firmwares don't support the 2DS.

Reactions: MrJason005

NaviJ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So there's no way to use the gateway on the 2ds?

I tried the browser exploit and it didnt work the browser just crashed

YourHero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can use the blue card 100%. You have to install a white list to the sysnand in .cia format. You will have to look up a guide though because I have not used it ever.

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to use the Ultra firmware and use the web exploit to get GW menu, from there hopefully you are following the guide the rest of the way.

NaviJ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You can use the blue card 100%. You have to install a white list to the sysnand in .cia format. You will have to look up a guide though because I have not used it ever.

Okay thanks will try that and report back later

NaviJ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You need to use the Ultra firmware and use the web exploit to get GW menu, from there hopefully you are following the guide the rest of the way.

By the web exploit I think you mean going to go.gateway-3ds.com? I tried that and it didn't work.

YourHero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By the web exploit I think you mean going to go.gateway-3ds.com? I tried that and it didn't work.

Put the launcher.dat on the SD card in the 3DS not gateway. Go to the website with the wireless off. Bookmark the website once it says no network when you try to go to it. turn wifi back on. Click the bookmark for go-gateway and it should work.

For whatever reason it won't work if I type it, only if I have it bookmarked and click that.

NaviJ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Where's the launcher.dat file? Whats showing on the screen of your 2ds?

Launcher.dat file is on the sd card that goes into the 2DS and when i go to the link the browser closes and I get a message and says "An error has occured. Please save your data in any software currently in use and then restart the system."

NaviJ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Put the launcher.dat on the SD card in the 3DS not gateway. Go to the website with the wireless off. Bookmark the website once it says no network when you try to go to it. turn wifi back on. Click the bookmark for go-gateway and it should work.

For whatever reason it won't work if I type it, only if I have it bookmarked and click that.

Yea I tried this bookmark trick too it does say gateway loading and then crashes. With wifi off however it does not load at all, I figured this was because in order to turn wifi off on the 2ds I have to actually go to the home menu because of the lack of a physical switch.

YourHero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It suppose to crash, and your suppose to hold down the L trigger when you see a white screen.
It should not crash. The bottom screen should co rainbow for a second and then launch. If the console crashes or returns to the home screen something is wrong. I personally use an app on my phone to launch the exploit. The program sends the exploit HTML to the 3DS via tethering. You could try that too.

Also clear your cookies and history on 3DS browser.

NaviJ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It suppose to crash, and your suppose to hold down the L trigger when you see a white screen.

Don't see a white screen also here is the pic of the firmware
IMG_20150207_120130.jpg

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thats not how it works for images.

Delete the 3.0.4 launcher file and use the 3.0 launcher file, make sure you bookmarked it properly and try again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup