Hacking 2Ds 7.2 and Gateway

omega59

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a 2Ds on version 7.2. My Gateway is due to arrive in the mail tomorrow. Wondering how to setup Gateway for this Bc i don't see one for 2Ds on this version. I just want to know the steps to prepare the Gateway.

omega59

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So i copy the loader.dat to the root of my SD card.
Then I copy the contents of "Blue Card (R4i)" to my MicroSD 32gb card.
I then go into the DS Profile and it will load Gateway.

Is this correct?

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i copy the loader.dat to the root of my SD card.
Then I copy the contents of "Blue Card (R4i)" to my MicroSD 32gb card.
I then go into the DS Profile and it will load Gateway.

Is this correct?

The ds profile exploit doesn't work on the 2ds since you can't downgrade to 4.1-4.5

You need to go to go.gateway-3ds.com on the internet browser instead

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh okay so it's what julian20 said above. How does the EmuNAND work exactly?

In simple terms it's a way for gateway to "fake" nintendo to make it think your 3ds is on the most recent firmware.

Gateway hasn't released an update to support 9.6 emunand yet so don't update emunand.

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldnt even know how to do that lol.
But will i need to use a 9.2 emunand?

Emunand is only needed if a rom requires a higher firmware (super smash bros for 3ds requires 8.1 for example)

Also it allows you to enter the eshop which isn't too important since everything in the eshop can be downloaded off the internet and installed through cia files.

Tip: Never update your 3ds with a rom. It will brick your 3ds.

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay so how do i emuNAND that bc i will want to play SSB and majoras mask.

When in the gateway menu just click "format emunand".

ONLY update emunand when your 3ds firmware says GW3D in front of it. ONLY update from within the settings menu. NEVER update with a rom or through trying to enter eshop. NEVER install updates if it's nagging you do update! NEVER NEVER DO THAT!

Test it out right now. You don't need a gateway cart to enter the gateway menu. put the launcher.dat on your sd card and go to go-gateway.3ds.com or go.scmods.com in the internet browser.

Reactions: MattNY

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it doesn't matter what's on it but you should backup the stuff that's on it. When you format emunand it deletes everything on the sd card.

MattNY

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When in the gateway menu just click "format emunand".

ONLY update emunand when your 3ds firmware says GW3D in front of it. ONLY update from within the settings menu. NEVER update with a rom or through trying to enter eshop. NEVER install updates if it's nagging you do update! NEVER NEVER DO THAT!

Test it out right now. You don't need a gateway cart to enter the gateway menu. put the launcher.dat on your sd card and go to go-gateway.3ds.com or go.scmods.com in the internet browser.

Thanks mate. I will be in a similar position as the OP soon and appreciate all the advise you have given. Hopefully it will keep me from making a huge mistake.

omega59

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
OKay just tried the Gateway 3.1.1 wen't to the website (stated above) and it loaded up the menu and so i backuped my NAND. Now if i want to play DS backups on my 2Ds, will the DSTWO work on this?

(I'm still waiting for my GateWay in the mail)

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OKay just tried the Gateway 3.1.1 wen't to the website (stated above) and it loaded up the menu and so i backuped my NAND. Now if i want to play DS backups on my 2Ds, will the DSTWO work on this?

(I'm still waiting for my GateWay in the mail)

The dstwo will work fine

Gateway ships a ds flashcart too. It was used in an older exploit. You can use flashcart timewarp to get that working on your 2ds

Jao Chu

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
A few users in here were reporting that Gateway 3DS on 2DS was unusable. Were a few updates deep since the first release of 3.0, OP please report back and tell us if your Gateway cart works well on your 2DS :yaysp:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did you pee in the water