kirbymaster101

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
No, by no means. Pandora batteries should only be used as a recovery measure in the event of a brick. Right now, all PSP's are perfectly hackable, the Pandora is simply a brick recovery tool in the unlikely event that something goes terribly wrong or if you want to install some fancy CFW from the past for whatever reason. Frankly, I actually think that breaking your own battery for Pandora purposes is silly when they can be purchased online on the cheap, but that's besides the point - you don't need a Pandora right now. Follow this guide, it will take you through all the steps. You're interested in the 6.60 Permanent method using cIPL Flasher - I believe it's best for your setup and it's what I'm running myself.

sweet, have a spare 2000 battery on me. Should I pandoar that?

kirbymaster101

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Like I said - keep it for later in the unlikely case of a brick. It's better to have a spare battery when your primary one runs out rather than a Pandora that sits there and gathers dust all year round. ;)

but if my psp bricks, can I still pandora that battery or no?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
but if my psp bricks, can I still pandora that battery or no?
Technically you'll need a working PSP to create a Pandora battery, but the likelyhood of any bricking is minute if you don't randomly tinker with firmware files. On top of that, you have to mod your PSP first to even make one. You're really better off proceeding straight to the modding part of things and buying a dedicated Pandora if you brick in the future, at least that's my opinion.

kirbymaster101

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Technically you'll need a working PSP to create a Pandora battery, but the likelyhood of any bricking is minute if you don't randomly tinker with firmware files. On top of that, you have to mod your PSP first to even make one. You're really better off proceeding straight to the modding part of things and buying a dedicated Pandora if you brick in the future, at least that's my opinion.

sweet, worked perfectly, now do you have a list of recommended apps to get and stuff?

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AKA possibly the worst choice one could make. Bulky, heavy, has only 32MB RAM, poor battery life... Why, oh why would you want one? For the IrDA? :P

Yes, I know you were joking. :)

As unpopular an opinon it might be, i actually like the build quality of the 1000s. Now the screens, battery life and lower RAM (although not much of an issue) are problems.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
As unpopular an opinon it might be, i actually like the build quality of the 1000s. Now the screens, battery life and lower RAM (although not much of an issue) are problems.
I suppose that if Saint Mary blessed you with loaf-sized hands it could be the superior model, but in all other cases I suggest the 2000 or the 3000 as the go-to ones. I can "feel your feels" as I like the PSVita's size best. As for the build quality, the 2000's UMD door is flimsy in comparison, I'll give you that. Still, it's much less bulky, which is good. :P

Reactions: BortzANATOR

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I suppose that if Saint Mary blessed you with loaf-sized hands it could be the superior model, but in all other cases I suggest the 2000 or the 3000 as the go-to ones. I can "feel your feels" as I like the PSVita's size best. As for the build quality, the 2000's UMD door is flimsy in comparison, I'll give you that. Still, it's much less bulky, which is good. :P

Ha yeah I know both have build issues, hence my trading up to a 2000. But there is something satisfying playing my buddies 1000. OP, I suggest the 2000. Think its the best of all 3... including the cramped Go.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Ha yeah I know both have build issues, hence my trading up to a 2000. But there is something satisfying playing my buddies 1000. OP, I suggest the 2000. Think its the best of all 3... including the cramped Go.
The OP already bought one and it is a 2000. :P

I'll have to grab the other PSP revisions sometime for collector purposes, last time I played on a 1000 it felt... so... big. :creep: ( :rofl2: )

Reactions: BortzANATOR

kirbymaster101

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
BTW, my 64gb failed to work but my 16gb did work on the media stick pro to sd card adaptor, anything I should try on the 64gb sd card before I rage quit and just go for 32 gb card or buy a diffferent adaptor?

Social_Outlaw

G.B.A.T.e.m.p T.e.m.p.l.a.r K.n.i.g.h.t
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
The OP already bought one and it is a 2000. :P

I'll have to grab the other PSP revisions sometime for collector purposes, last time I played on a 1000 it felt... so... big. :creep: ( :rofl2: )
I currently have a PSP 2000, and I love it, but while it may have a lot of pro's with hacking, and stuff, for some reason I miss my bulky PSP 1000 lol. I guess I just miss the glossy look? lol. I haven't had one in so long I might just start colle

Social_Outlaw

G.B.A.T.e.m.p T.e.m.p.l.a.r K.n.i.g.h.t
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
That's what she said. :tpi:

Seriously though, some people just like their consoles to be big, it gives a better grip, and she's saying a lot of things tonight. :creep:
I didn't mean it like that, it's just my auto correct on my phone won't let me turn it off lol, and it's killing me.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I didn't mean it like that, it's just my auto correct on my phone won't let me turn it off :(.
Aww, mayn... Don't worray, I know your feels. :P I like a little bit of bulk myself (that's what she...), but 1000 has a bit much, I think. :P Everything depends on the size of your hands (that's what... goddamnit!). :rofl2:

Reactions: 6SoulTriox

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.