Nobody_Important4u

Barely real
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hello i have a problem and a suggestion with blog.

1.i dunno is it only me but i think you can see blogs and comments of people that are on ignore list. Is it an error or something inteded? I have someone on ignore and i don't see his posts in other places but i can see them on blogs (mine and not mine)

2. I also have suggestion... I noticed that you can delete people comments and the whole blog (if it's yours) so i think you should be able to lock the thing yourself as well. But it's just a suggestion i more for the problem here.

Reactions: Alexander1970

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
1. I don't know what happened - and it's none of my business. I think the ignore feature is kind of problematic in general and would be even more problematic in blogs. If somebody starts posting crap in the comments of your blog posts and you don't even notice it; Mhmmh. Not the kind of thing I wanted to have.
  • If somebody criticizes me in a sensible way (or disagrees in a good way with reason and arguments), I say "Thank you!" for that.
  • If somebody criticizes me without reason and without good arguments in a "low-to-no-effort"-reply, I laugh and ignore the statement (in my brain, not the ignore list)
  • If somebody gets offensive/personal: This is against the rules and there is a report button under each post.
2. It is a very nice move from the administrators to allow personal blogs for every member. Wanting even more privileges sounds kind of demanding - although your idea makes somewhat sense. If you can partially "self-moderate" your own blog in the form of deleting comments, why not stop comments? Of course there is a technical side as well. Such a thing has to be implemented and possibly tested.

I personally don't see any reason to do either deleting or locking by myself and I am quite happy to not have to make such decisions. Some blog entries have been looked upon request. If it gets out of control you can report your own blog or offending comments and ask for locking the entry.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9PnFJMnYT0