Hacking 2 question regarding HBC 1.0.7

Red-Blue

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'll keep it short. Basically, I've been using a HAXX > JODI forwarder dol to autoboot into HBC.

QUOTE said:
HomeBrew (JODI) forwarder boot.dol Install/launch as file on Preloader 0.29 HAXX to launch the new JODI Homebrew Channel v1.06

Obviously, the new HBC 1.0.7 won't boot using JODI because the Title ID has changed. Now my questions are,

1. What exactly is the new HBC's Title ID

2. What are the odds of a HAXX > [New Title ID] Forwarder dol?

Much obliged.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
FenrirWolf said:
Why not upgrade to a compatible version of Priiloader instead?
Exactly, there is no reason to still be using preloader, and priiloader already has an update to work with latest HBC. And also has a "title launcher", which allows you to load any title ID without any "forwarder", so any time there is an update and HBC's title ID has to change, it will already be able to load HBC.

codiak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, update to the latest priiloader beta and booting the new hbc works.

But the question regarding the TitleID still remain. Seems to be hard to identify.
So anyone figured that out?

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Many people have posted it, there's nothing tricky about finding it out, its simply a case of opening ATD and looking at it, or dumping a WAD and checking the title ID. Its 0xaf1bf516

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
SifJar said:
FenrirWolf said:
Why not upgrade to a compatible version of Priiloader instead?
Exactly, there is no reason to still be using preloader, and priiloader already has an update to work with latest HBC. And also has a "title launcher", which allows you to load any title ID without any "forwarder", so any time there is an update and HBC's title ID has to change, it will already be able to load HBC.
r u guys referring to THIS priiloader beta? (Priiloader 0.5 -- BETA 4 -- NO THIS IS NOT REV 98)

so is this the beta can autoboot the new HBC already (without using title launcher)? If this is the case, Daco must've known the details on the new HBC before it was released
biggrin.gif
Good stuff!

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thats the hex version. HAXX, JODI etc. are ASCII representations of the hex title IDs. Title IDs are actually hex and have 8 characters. They are commonly represented by ASCII as thats easier to remember.

XFlak said:
r u guys referring to THIS priiloader beta? (Priiloader 0.5 -- BETA 4 -- NO THIS IS NOT REV 98)

so is this the beta can autoboot the new HBC already (without using title launcher)? If this is the case, Daco must've known the details on the new HBC before it was released
biggrin.gif
Good stuff!

I don't think thats it, AFAIK, its only available on the built-in online update with beta updates enabled ATM.

EDIT: I think rev98 is the fixed version, which as it clearly says in that link, that is not. (The fact it says it isn't rev98 is why I think that rev98 is the fixed version).

EDIT: Actually, I think the fixed version is more recent than rev98, rev98 doesn't seem to have the new title ID in it.

codiak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have installed the version you pointed and then online updated it to the latest beta.
The new version is only available via online update atm.

luminalace

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok considering that everyone now knows the Title ID for the new HBC...does this mean that Nintendo can easily delete it with their next SM update?

TT said that they were trying to "obfuscate" their exploits when making HBC 1.07. Have they given up or could there be something in there that will make it hard for the big N to delete next time around!

UPDATE: Sorry I posted this in the wrong thread! I could have sworn...nm!

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It will probably be as easy to delete as any other titleid. What they mean by obfuscating their exploits is that they tried to make it hard for Nintendo to figure out just what TT did to allow the HackMii Installer to function again. Who cares if they block the titleid again, but don't manage to patch the IOS exploits used by the installer?

luminalace

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks I now understand! So what actually happened when you try to run Hackmii installer 0.6 on a 4.3 Wii using Indiana Pwns or Smash Stack?

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
luminalace said:
Thanks I now understand! So what actually happened when you try to run Hackmii installer 0.6 on a 4.3 Wii using Indiana Pwns or Smash Stack?
It said No Vulnerable IOS, because all IOS had been updated with patches to previous IOS exploits.

Red-Blue

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
luminalace said:
Ok considering that everyone now knows the Title ID for the new HBC...

Care to enlighten us?
mellow.gif

Also, I'm looking for a way without 'upgrading' to PriiLoader and whatnot. Hopefully get some help to create my own HAXX > [New TitleID] forwarder dol? ):

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there some functionality the old preloader has over the new ones? Or is it just laziness and/or brand loyalty keeping you from updating?

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Red-Blue said:
luminalace said:

Care to enlighten us?
mellow.gif

Also, I'm looking for a way without 'upgrading' to PriiLoader and whatnot. Hopefully get some help to create my own HAXX > [New TitleID] forwarder dol? ):
Seems like someones an idiot.

I posted the title ID on the first page of this thread. And it is upgrading to Priiloader, it has all the features of preloader and more, and works better too (works on all System Menus with no patched IOS)

Red-Blue

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
SifJar said:
Red-Blue said:
luminalace said:

Care to enlighten us?
mellow.gif

Seems like someones an idiot.

I posted the title ID on the first page of this thread. And it is upgrading to Priiloader, it has all the features of preloader and more, and works better too (works on all System Menus with no patched IOS)

Thanks alot, I really appreciate your opinion that I'm an idiot. Ahum, maybe I should've reinstated that I'm looking for the 4-character hax/ascii/thing alá HAXX, JODI, RSBE, etc. I tried converting it, but my results were: ?????. So yeah, obviously not my thing.

Also, I think I asked for a way without updating to Priiloader.

QUOTE(FenrirWolf @ Jul 29 2010, 10:17 PM)
Is there some functionality the old preloader has over the new ones? Or is it just laziness and/or brand loyalty keeping you from updating?

It's not either, actually. My bro is all like, emotionally attached to his Wii and he doesn't want anyone screwing around with it. So the only way for me to autoboot to HBC is by using a forwarder dol in the outdated Preloader.

Brand loyalty, hah.

Gnac

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Red-Blue said:
...I'm looking for the 4-character hax/ascii/thing alá HAXX, JODI, RSBE, etc. I tried converting it, but my results were: ?????. So yeah, obviously not my thing.

¯õ

EDIT: here's an image for those of you who can't see the above properly:

0xaf1bf516.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch