2 PSP questions

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by Reaper, Mar 13, 2009.

Mar 13, 2009

2 PSP questions by Reaper at 12:18 AM (788 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. Reaper
    OP

Member Reaper Tͩ͒ͥ̈́ͧ̓͑̆̂

United States
    My friend has a Daxter PSP 2000 and said it stopped working 2 weeks after it was hacked(and it did play .isos). I think it was because the guy who hacked it for him only hacked 1000s before but could it be something else?

Another friend says his 1000 loads for about 25 seconds on some games(with UMD). How fast would that be off of a mem stick in a 1000, a mem stick in a 2000, and UMD in a 2000?

I'm trying to decide if I should get the phat or slim.

Also if the PSP is bricked how will I unbrick it?

2. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    There's about a million answers to your questions since you're very vague....so for one version of replies...

1) He updated to OFW so lost all the CFW features. (or he dropped it or he was using a dodgy Memory Stick)

2) Watch some Youtube videos..here's one for example.

3) Get a hackable Slim if at all possible as they're better in many ways...if you can't get a slim then go for a phat in good condition.

4) Using a Pandora battery if it's not a hardware induced brick. Very easy.

3. Nottulys

Member Nottulys GBAtemp Fan

United States
    What this person typed.

One things for sure though, I will definately need a CFW'ed PSP, to make another PSP Homebrewable. If not, then you have to have a PSP (running on I think up to 3.4, if not 2.8 or 2.6) and have the original GTA Liberty City Stories

do some googling or go to psp - updates . com for tutorials

4. Reaper
    OP

United States
    Thanks but now I have another question. Is the 2000 using iso much faster than the 1000 using iso(couldn't find any vids)? And are memory sticks from DX dodgy? Newegg?

And is there a way to tell the firmware and/or the motherboard of a Slim by just looking at it or turning it on? All phats can be hacked, right?

5. Seven

Member Seven oh hell no

United States
    They're close to about the same, it mostly depends on what memory stick you're using.

Yes, the memory sticks on DX are 100% counterfeit, and you risk the danger of having it fail on you in a couple of months, sooner or later. The ones provided on Newegg are reputable and higher quality. You can scour through this topic as the sort of question has been answered before.

All phats can be hacked, and there is no way to know if a slim is hackable unless you identify the mobo, know what firmware it came manufactured in, or get the box and locate the box code near the bar code. The box code numbers are in the pinned PSP FAQs thread.

6. HBK

Member HBK Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)

Portugal
    Or just look at the date code, which is much simpler. Date code before 8C CAN be hacked. All others 8C or above, nope.

7. Reaper
    OP

United States
    Where is the date code? And is this good for hacking all hackable slims?
    Also, there is a TA 90 motherboard that can be hacked but I don't think it is possible to tell if it is one or not.