2 Mod/hack questions about dsi

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Lord of the Danc, Nov 25, 2013.

1. Lord of the Danc
    OP

Lord of the Danc Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 8, 2009
    United States
    I'm sorry if these are nub questions but I'm new to the modding/hacking stuff. I've seen people post that only 500 or so DSi's can be hacked. Is that because they have downloaded the sudoku before it was patched, or some other reason?

Question 2, the other thing is that every time I see that it says DSi mode is impossible. Is regular DS mode?

Sorry if these are dumb questions, I've seriously been looking for like 3 hours for the answer before posting. I have a DS lite and a DSi and want to do some stuff with my new wife without buying a new card.

2. UltraMew

UltraMew GBATemp's Mew PRETENDING TO BE FOXI4 4 A DAY

Banned
    Aug 7, 2013
    United States
    Flying a blue hedgehog around
    Yep, it's because only ~500 people have Sudoku.

DSi mode isn't impossible, in an old firmware, I believe. For DSMode, DSTwo is best.

Sorry if these are dumb questions, I've seriously been looking for like 3 hours for the answer before posting. I have a DS lite and a DSi and want to do some stuff with my new wife without buying a new card.[/quote]

3. Lord of the Danc
    OP

Lord of the Danc Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 8, 2009
    United States
    And sorry, what's the difference between DSi mode and DS mode? Is that flash card vs sd card?

4. UltraMew

UltraMew GBATemp's Mew PRETENDING TO BE FOXI4 4 A DAY

Banned
    Aug 7, 2013
    United States
    Flying a blue hedgehog around
    No, well, DSi mode has no actual homebrew or anything, since so little have Sudoku. DSTwo has really good emulation, bit is DSMode.

5. Chaldron

Chaldron GBATemp's Official Attorney

Mar 29, 2013
    United States
    `Murica
    Well, technically all DSi's can be "hacked" using a flashcart such as a DSTwo or R4. However, only about 500 can be softmodded (hacked without any extra hardware).

DSi mode really only takes advantage of extra RAM and such. Black2/White2 had a DSi mode, so you could see slightly better performance playing those games on a DSi vs a regular DS/Lite