Hardware 2 DVD burners

mehmed

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I had a dvd burner and a dvd rom player. Today a bought a new dvd burner a Nec 7170A. My problem is that i connected the ner burner he same way as the dvd rom but now the pc doesn't recognize none of them. The pc doesn't dhow a dvd drive. Ik conected with a IDE cable as a slave and a master. The new one as a slave. I also have 2 hard drives that work perfect. They are connetted with a sata cable. Cn anyone help me?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Try one at a time (or one via a caddy/adaptor if you have one) would be my first suggestion.

Changing the bios options (or even a reset) is a good place to start, pay attention to any settings you may have already done though if you overclocked or optimised the settings.

You already sorted the master slave thing and I assume it is nothing like power either unconnected or lacking (if there is not enough power to one drive or too much tries to get drawn it will likely shut off).

mehmed

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I found it. It was the jumper at the back of the drives. They were both set on master. One had to be set to slave. With a small thingi. Burnt my first game on this Nec. My old LG gave only 4x and 8x speed with a verbatim 16x. The Nec gives 4,6,8,10,12,14,16,18 speeds. Thats a lot for me.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Always the simple things huh, burning at "fast speed" is great as well: I recently came up from a laptop and now everything is nice and speedy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night. +1