Hacking 2 Corrupt MicroSD Cards using M3

Fun_Zephyr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I have had an M3 Real for about 4 months now. The other week I was using play some games an dthen the game froze and when I restarted teh MicroSD card 4Gb Kingston) was not being recognised. Windows will also not recognise it. I have had to send it in for warranty replacement.

I could not format in windows and do not have a phone / camera that will format it either.

I have had an R4 with a 2gb Kingston for about 5 months now and no issies. I used this 2Gb Kingstom MicroSd in my M3 while waiting for my replacement card and it has been working fine for the last week but today I removed it from the M3 to load teh 3.7d update and placed it back in and went to load a gba game and it froze during loading. I turned it off and on and then played a gba game for a bit then reset to play another game and it woudl nto boot.

I placed it into a MicroSD adapter and into the computer and it is not being detected. That is now two MicroSD Cards in 2 weeks of one another. The 2nd microSD has been taken in and out as new updates have come out or to add remove games and it has had not issue.

Again, never an issue with teh R4 or Supercard DS One.

Any ideas on what could be potentially causing the microSD cards in the M3 to corrupt? Also how do I get in contact with the M3 Team to find out more info / to report it.

Thanks in advance
smile.gif

stefanol

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
I presume you are using the default card reader, which comes with M3Real? If yes, throw it out, and buy different one
smile.gif
It is well known issue that this card reader corrupts card - 2 mine also were corrupted, though I still use that default reader - not for long, because it seems to be dying now^^'

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
stefanol said:
I presume you are using the default card reader, which comes with M3Real? If yes, throw it out, and buy different one
smile.gif
It is well known issue that this card reader corrupts card - 2 mine also were corrupted, though I still use that default reader - not for long, because it seems to be dying now^^'
hehe, mine died completely 1 week after i got it.

anyway, just get a phone with built-in microSD reader!

Fun_Zephyr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
No, I am not using the default reader that comes with the card. I am using the properly Kingston supplied MicroSD Adapter that comes with the MicroSD - I have a laptop with a built in MicroSD Reader and it has never corrupted memory cards before so I have to rule out it being the adaptor or the reader. Also, the MicroSD card is only corrupting in the M3 Real.

I have the system file for both the M3 Real and SuperCard SD One on the same MicroSD Card. I have no need to place it in the reader except for updates. Generally I take it staright out of the M3 and place it in the SC DS One or vise versa. Depends if I want to play NDS or GBA games.

However, both the cards only corrupted in teh M3 and it was not like it was staright after doing the update. I managed to play a agme for a while with no issue and the suddenly it stopped working while still in the M3 Real I then place it in either the SC DS One or R4 and they compaain about no SD Card. Then the computer does not recpgnise it.

I do take note of it being the usb readers that come with the M3 etc being dodgey but I have never had issues with the SD Apapter that comes with the SD cards and do not use the USB readers.

I assume the phone with SD reader is in reference to connecting to your PC via mass storage and copying your files that way? Or are you saying to format it in the ohone? If format in the phone my phone no longer recognises the sd card.
frown.gif

I just placed it in my Digital Camera and it comes up with "MEMORY CARD ERROR" and no other options. The card is dead.

Aside from that I now have a 64Mb Memory card. i will be using that over the next few weeks just to see if it corrupts as well.

I still hope someone might be able to point me in the right direction as to whether it is possible that the M3 is corrupting the memory cards (and if it is possible to test the M3 Card in any way) - buy corrupting I mean making them no longer usable or formatable etc. I am also contacting M3 to see if they have any ideas.
smile.gif

stefanol

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
It is possible the M3 firmware itself corrupt cards - one of corrupts appeared just as I run beta M3Sakura first.... I don't know what to think about it, I have guarantee, so I can exchange my card unlimited times lol
smile.gif
And I make backups everyday...

dwindelicous

Trophies
XP
Country
thedicemaster said:
stefanol said:
smile.gif
hehe, mine died completely 1 week after i got it.

anyway, just get a phone with built-in microSD reader!

Hey I have a phone that can read micro Sd so...now what? how do I reformat it...I had my m3 ds real for 2 months now and it won't work...seems like I'm not the only one with this issue...so please help me...Thanks!

dwindelicous

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey everyone...I have the same problem here my m3 ds real usb won't work anymore recently. I have a phone that can read micro sd so...now what? what do i do? and how..
Thanks

Fun_Zephyr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
If you have a phone that can read the microSD then connet the phone to your PC while teh SD Card is in. My phoe asks what mode to use and I choose mass storage / data transfer or the like. It comes up as a drive on your PC. Now all you do is transfer the files the same way you would if you were using the USB adapter.

However, this only works if you have the right cables or bluetooth or infra red on your PC and Phone. Basically you still need the right tools to connect the phone to your PC.

Alternatively buy a new SD readre for minimal $$$
smile.gif

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
dwindelicous said:
Hey everyone...I have the same problem here my m3 ds real usb won't work anymore recently. I have a phone that can read micro sd so...now what? what do i do? and how..
Thanks
if the actual microSD is corrupted, and not the reader, you'll have to format using the option in your phone's menu.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-