spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
OP
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
I never had this issue until recently, I'm reasonably sure it has something to do with either the latest update or with Mario 3D land or Mariokart 7, which I got both at Xmas.

I usually leave it on 24/7, just closing the lid and letting it charge. Quite often when I open the lid, both screens stay black and nothing works. The only solution is to hold the power button until it switches off and then switch it on again.

Does anyone know of any solution to this problem? It's not bad enough that I can't stand it, but it is a bit irritating.
I'm going to switch of the wi-fi for a while, to see if that makes any difference...

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Had it happen to me once recently. I had usually charged my 3DS via the cradle that came with my Nyko PP+, but after hearing about how that is not a good idea, I switched to simple plugging in via the 3DS. When I opened my 3DS that night after charging, the screens did not light up. I did a hard power off, and it worked fine after I turned it back on.

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting, I haven't EVER turned off my 3DS and it's never done this. I've got MK7 and SM3DL, never had this happen.

dulume

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
It happened to me also, not sure a 100% but it seems to occur when using Mario Kart 7.

I opened a thread a while ago because of my system turning off randomly while in sleepmode. Since last update the problem seemed resolved, but all of a sudden, after experiencing the black screens, it happened again, turned off in sleepmode (since update it happened only one time).

Could it be a related problem?

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
This happens to me about 70% of the time when trying to exit my supercard dstwo back to the home menu. It'll usually freeze up completely black for at least 30 seconds, and finally either powers off when I hold the power button, or goes back to the home screen if I hit the home button enough times, or remove the supercard. I've never had it happen to me in any other circumstance.

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
OP
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
I think I have found a way to prevent this, not 100% sure though.
Over the past few days, I have manually put the 3DS in sleep mode (hit power button before closing the lid) and so far, there have been no issues with black screens. Could others try this, see if I'm right?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1