1855 - Tales of the World Narikiri Dungeon 3 (J)

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ToP was so much better...it's not a matter of taste
This is why all games should be named differently...so you don't think of comparing them to eachother.
You ruin the game for yourself if you expect something like the previous one, you really do.
Just like all those people who say FFXII is ruined because it isn't turned based...=.=
Besides, an opinion is useless unless backed up with something, at least say why ToP was so much better.
Don't get me wrong, I loved ToP. It's still one of my top games but it's somewhat dropping in terms of gameplay. I like the whole combo'ing thing and the SNES ToP doesn't provide that. If it does then I missed it, forgot about it, or it wasn't like the others.

I too would like these to be fan translated at the very least. I mean, come on Namco, are you really that afraid of bringing the Tales games over? >.>
first of all, you understand everything, thanks to DeJap's translation...
and about everything else is better, too...the graphics, the music and the combat system

Namco has even blown up the GBA port of ToP, with shitty graphics and unresponsive controls in combats

the most important thing of an RPG is the story, so why would I bother playing japanese RPGs?
the gameplay of about every RPG sucks big time, so they're just useless until they're translated

Zarcon

.:~Enigmatic Wanderer~:.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, that's just an unfair comparison then, isn't it? If you're going to compare anything, at least do it on fair terms. It's not its fault that you don't understand the story. If ToP was never translated you'd consider it crap too I suppose then?

leoboiko

Trophies
Website
namakajiri.net
XP
Country
Brazil
Waai! Narikiri Dungeon 3! Frio and Kyaro are back and cuter than ever. I love Narikiri 2, I'm still playing it.

The NFO doesn't have a link to the official site, it's http://namco-ch.net/narikiri3/index.php. As always, there's pictures and useful information. According to people in Gamefaqs, number of classes (costumes) for narikirishi is reduced to 89, but the classes are more unique now. There's also a short movie available.

Regal_Warrior

Oh my god. Its the lord of pie.
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks for the help Kajitani-Eizan. And I only just now figured out the battle system, so I'll figure out the rest on my own. I would wait for a faq, but all those sites are blocked at school, and I'll no longer have any sort of internet at home starting Today.....

This is the first Time I've heard of this series at all, I'm surprised, because I like everything else a part of the Tales of series. I even recognized some of the characters when I saw them. It seems the story coudl be interesting, too bad I can't read a thing of Jap.

leoboiko

Trophies
Website
namakajiri.net
XP
Country
Brazil
It seems the story coudl be interesting, too bad I can't read a thing of Jap.
May I suggest you to wait until someone write a FAQ? In the meantime, you can try Narikiri Dungeon 2; it's cool, has plenty of FAQs and even a translation patch, though I haven't tried the patch.

As someone said, the "Tales Of" series take place in different worlds, and Narikiri Dungeon is a crossover. There's lots of cameos and you can play with characters from many other "Tales Of".

Kajitani-Eizan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
I can't do anything, the four people are just standing there, and I went through all the menu options, and had all them active, you know not just standing still but moving in place, and don't know what to do now.

i'm pretty sure refill mentions this in the japanese text
tongue.gif

you have to use the "B" menu (press B). the first option at the top ends the setup part of your turn and makes everyone start moving along the lines you chose with the "move" command (first option at the top of the "A" menu).

H

HunterZero21xx

This is like a gift I missed under the christmas tree! I've never even heard any mention about it.

Gaijin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I love the "tales" series, I loved Tales of Destiny. It was the one they translated for the PS1. I loved the whole talking swords thing, after playing it and beating it, i searched for other "tales" games cause i couldnt believe it was a one off, specially with the guest cameo's infront of the church. And i found ToP.... which introduced me to SNES emulation.... which lead to GBC/A emulation... etc...

Anywho... Dejap translated the snes version, wouldn't it make sense to ask em to do the GBA version(s) aswell... since they already know the game from a previous system.... Or why not send Namco an email as a consumer (tell them you are) and ask them to translate the tales series to english... get as many of your friends to email aswell.... if they get enough requests, they'll clue in that there is an english market for the series and start translating.

We have something over the 5 digits for members... if we all send 1 email... they'll know that theres a small group of people who'll buy... *notes that people should tell people on other boards aswell.. get as many people to email as possible... eventually they might get the message*

Elrinth

:Master beyond your imagination:
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
You don't have those costumes in the beginning.. so it's impossible to finish the first mission?

I highly doubt you have to wear thief costume.

Dark_Lord Malik

Proud Pakistani
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pakistan
I never tried teh Naikiri Dungeon games. I like Tales series but since this Naikiri Dragon series of Tales is in Jap i never played it. I also wish for a Translation which only god knows that it will happen or not.

shadow theory

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I could translate the item names, places, and junk if someone could dump the script.

I am no help when it comes to coding, and I can translate dialogue, but it takes me forever, and my japanese skills need work.

Sadly, the item/place/etc stuff is the easiest for most to translate and get something workable.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: you can't turn link into a femboy in tears of the kingdom