Jojjy Ugnick

shake your bonbon
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Not a big fan of Rare nor was I ever. Donkey Kong Country was good, but most of their games have been pretty mediocre. I'm glad to see others feel the same way.

Rare would only ever put out 1 game every 3 years. That's ridiculous. Their development times were really bad, and in the end, the product that was left over wasn't even good.

tanukikoji

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
why couldnt they do Gunfright advance instead?
frown.gif

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, I've actually been playing this for a bit. It's pretty fun and get's REALLY hard. Give it a try before saying this is the suxxors just because it doesn't have Mario on it. Think about it, people say they are tired of the same thing over and over such as another Mario game, another Sonic game, another Fina Fantasy game, then someone like Rare thinks outside of the box and make's It's Mr. Pants and everyone goes nuts because it looks stupid...

Jeda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The problem with this one is the same as with kuru kururin. Kuru rocks, one of the best games for GBA in my eyes... if you just forget that it is about some strange bird in a helicopter.... Same here; forget it is about some strange guy w/o a shirt who collects pictures about pants.

Just finished the puzzle mode on "easy" mode, and the difficulty on that one was actually hard for an easy mode... with 50 medium levels to come and, as I expect, a hard mode after it, it looks to provide challenge too, even so it is defenitly a kid game... Paralells to Kuru again.

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm, Mr Pants. Sounds odd and disturbing O-o
Looks like a nice puzzle game with a Yoshi like kid theme. But when you see Mr Pants, you think of Mr local pedifile O-o
Im sure parents will be avoiding this game this Xmas XD
Looks like a nice puzzle game though.

Oh and Rare isnt too bad. Though StarFox Adventures just had me wanting more starfox, the game seemed so short and linear :/. But Im a starfox fan
tongue.gif

Id love to see some returns of old Rare games. Im not sure, but I thin RC.ProAM was a rare game. And Battletoads would be great O-o, those games were fun o-o

Oh and I wonder when Rare will make Conkers bad fur day for the NDS? That game had some fun multiplayer stuff :3
Though the story was just plain annoying >.>

Jeda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The problem with this one is the same as with kuru kururin. Kuru rocks, one of the best games for GBA in my eyes... if you just forget that it is about some strange bird in a helicopter.... Same here; forget it is about some strange guy w/o a shirt who collects pictures about pants.

Just finished the puzzle mode on "easy" mode, and the difficulty on that one was actually hard for an easy mode... with 50 medium levels to come and, as I expect, a hard mode after it, it looks to provide challenge too, even so it is defenitly a kid game... Paralells to Kuru again.

Zorn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
IT'S FROM RARE??
BUt RARE IS NOW AT MICROSOFT!!!

??? i thought rare won't develop anymore for nintendo.
Microsoft buyed them!!!....

Electro

Trophies
XP
Country
What the hell is wrong with you guys? did you even try it? it's a pretty damn cool puzzle game.

:Puzzled:

penance

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Zorn, if you've noticed Rare's been making a bunch of GBA games.

Banjo-Kazooie, Sabre Wulf, this game, and the ports of DKC and DKC2 for example.

And in the future they will release Banjo Pilot and DKC3.

As to why, here's a hint: is there a Microsoft handheld? No. So that frees them up.

WeaponXxX

Too F'in Blonde
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Still can't get a hold of the game so I can't say if I like it or not yet, and Darkforce I made sure to note that I had not played Conkers Bad Fur Day since indeed it is the only rare game to date I have not played (besides this one but that should be fixed by tonight) Anyway I am sure that if you hate rare or love rare we can all agree that we wish Rare was doing GoldenEye Rouge Agent rather than EA. And yea Rare did do RC Pro Am the first one for sure. Anyway I love puzzle games so I hope this games good. Peace

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Zorn, if you've noticed Rare's been making a bunch of GBA games.

Banjo-Kazooie, Sabre Wulf, this game, and the ports of DKC and DKC2 for example.

And in the future they will release Banjo Pilot and DKC3.

As to why, here's a hint: is there a Microsoft handheld? No. So that frees them up.
I saw a screenshot of Diddy Kong Pilot in Nintendo Power when he GBA was released, but I guess they cancelled it. Sucks, I would've wanted to play it....
frown.gif

bluemax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah children, so quick to judge and complain. It's puzzle games like this that helped the GB become king. While some of you consistently whine for console length epic adventures, you forget (probably because you're only playing via emulator) that the GBA is a PORTABLE gaming device. Most people just want games for their PORTABLE gaming device that they can pick up and play for a few minutes without having to be grossly involved.

Considering it didn't cost any of you whiny punks a red cent to acquire this game, why expell energy whining and complaining? If you don't like the game (for whatever shallow reason) just move on.

Mac2492

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Jesus, some of you people need to stop whining. It's a puzzle game, not the end of the world. Rare is perfectly entitled to make a puzzle game if they so desire, and they did. Did you guys even stop to download it or did you just take one look at the character and say "OMG IT SUX".

I'm not going to defend Rare's decisions over the past few years because I think they have gone downhill in the console department but I liked BK and Sabrewulf on the GBA. But even if I thought those two were the shittiest games in the world, that doesn't mean this one is, so it's stupid to prejudge a game based on previous games. Caution is natural, dismission is just stupid.

Bottom line? Download it first, play it, THEN talk about how dumb a game it is.

Also, some of you need spelling and grammar lessons stat, no offense.
You guys got busted by a newbie
laugh.gif
Great point penance
smile.gif
(No offense, it's just usually it's the other way around...)

On-Topic - I doubt I'll try this game for a while, if I do i'll post how it is.... if I try it within a few days that
ohmy.gif

penance

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I saw a screenshot of Diddy Kong Pilot in Nintendo Power when he GBA was released, but I guess they cancelled it. Sucks, I would've wanted to play it....Â
frown.gif
Well they didn't really cancel it. They didn't have the rights to Diddy Kong anymore after they left Nintendo. It's true that Nintendo got Rare's help in porting over DKC and DKC2, and also will with the upcoming DKC3, but as far as new games go, Rare can't make anything with Donkey Kong or Diddy Kong or etc. anymore. Thus the change from Coconut Crackers to It's Mr. Pants and the change from Diddy Kong Pilot to Banjo Pilot, so they didn't waste all their prior development. I've heard the new Banjo Pilot actually looks a lot better than DK Pilot ever did though, so that's a really good thing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...