1805 - Final Fantasy 1 and 2 (U)

ReyVGM

Game Endings Master
Trophies
Website
www.vgmuseum.com
XP
Country
Meh III is III now, don't you get it? When someone says III they mean III not VI. VI isn't even slated for any type of release. Let us hope that if VI ever comes out, that it is on the GBA and NOT the DS. Why did they bother putting FFIII on the damn DS? What the heck is that stupid stylus gonna be used for anyway??

[Edit] just rambling.... :gbasp:
I can almost gaurantee that this is what has happened & will happen....

ok we know FF I , II, & III were originally made as ports for Wonder Swan Color.

it did'nt take much for square to realize that they would'nt have to do much to put them on gba.

then they remake IV ,V, & VI on the psx. they made quick ports of the WSC to the PS of 1 & 2 cause it was just as easy as shaving their balls for a hot friday night escapade.then took their sweet time releasing it them on GBA...

they simply give a relese date for a port of the WSC FFIII (TBA might I add) for the DS

...(since they have no loyalty to nintendo anymore they let them have their sloppy seconds now)

in the mean time the company that owns square enix (sony) decides to announce their own handheld system the PSP now they can take their sweet assed time in producing ports of the psx
versions of IV,V,& VI after they sell us a bunch of crap they know no one cares about & put the relese date for FFIV for like 2006 or something...

now do you think they are gonna remake /remake another port of a game they have already remade
when all they have to do is copy/paste it on to psp at their leisure? especially since the way they have been able to get away with minor enhancements of games that fans really don't require any enhancement of to begin with?

if that makes any sense...

the bottom line is sad...

If nintendo DS gets ports of FF IV,V,& VI it will be after they have evenly weighed the costs and decided the most cost efficent way to port the game so it doesn't hurt sony's share of the FF market.

instead we DS owners will get a slighted hand job with FFIII & FF:Crystal cronicles wit some sort of multi-player stylus tresure hunt bullshit.....
hate2.gif

sorry if I showed any disrespect to square... they are like the girl in high school that cheated on you 400 times but you kept taking her back hoping she would change...except for some reason 9 years after you break up with her she still calls you every day and tells you she loves you for some reason.& for an even stranger reason no better girls have come along and you are still hanging on to hope like a pathetic fool...
(well I tried to not be disrespectful in afterschock)
The Wonderswan FF were remakes, not ports. The only port was FF4 and FF3 was NOT released.

The PSX FF4,5 and 6 are NOT remakes, they are ports.

The DS FF3 is not a straight port of the unreleased WSC FF3 game, of course they will use the new ideas they had, but it will not be just some sloppy 'port'

About all the other randomly generated stuff you said, I doubt sony would want or care about FF4,5 and 6 ports to the PSP since those games are sprite based and most probably sony will apply that 'no 2-d' policy on the PSP.

"sorry if I showed any disrespect to square... they are like the girl in high school that cheated on you 400 times but you kept taking her back hoping she would change...except for some reason 9 years after you break up with her she still calls you every day and tells you she loves you for some reason.& for an even stranger reason no better girls have come along and you are still hanging on to hope like a pathetic fool...
(well I tried to not be disrespectful in afterschock) "

Damn, that's one of the best paragraphs I've ever read
tongue.gif

That is so true, I hate it when girls do that stuff.

Jojjy Ugnick

shake your bonbon
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I don't find the encounter rate that bad, just inconsistant. I've walked around for 3+ mintues without an encounter (Marsh Cave) and then I had 5 in a row after every step (Earth Cave B1 western part near the stairs).

I think it has something to do with using the DASH. I was getting less encounters. Either that, or in the map editor there was an intensity seting for random encounters that could be set on each tile, or maybe section of a level.

Mina

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't find the encounter rate that bad, just inconsistant. I've walked around for 3+ mintues without an encounter (Marsh Cave) and then I had 5 in a row after every step (Earth Cave B1 western part near the stairs).

I think it has something to do with using the DASH. I was getting less encounters. Either that, or in the map editor there was an intensity seting for random encounters that could be set on each tile, or maybe section of a level.
Like I stated earlier, the battle-every-step in that one bend of the earth cave is -intentional-. It was that way in the original version. Mostly for the xp/gold you can make off it should you survive the gauntlet.

I still prefer the glitched peninsula though.
ph34r.gif

Mina

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where is this "glitched peninsula" everyone keeps alluding too?
Go to Pravoka, then head southeast somewhat. You should see that the land goes north/northeast after a bit. Follow that way, and you'll see a small peninsula jutting out of the water. That's it (if you can only take a step or two horizontally on it, it's the correct one.)

As for why people consider it glitched..well, I'd advise saving before you enter a battle on it. And bring adequate healing items if you're below level 20 or so.
tongue.gif

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

HAHAHAHA.

The western wing of the Earth Cave on the first floor gives an encounter every single step. That was intentional and was part of Final Fantasy 1 on the NES as well. It was because the encounters include giants and those insect monsters, and so it was an ideal spot to gain some much needed experience.

Now the experience system has changed making it easier to increase in level, but they opted to keep that in the game anyway.

Anyway, the encounter rate is perfectly fine. I played through it on the japanese release, am currently playing through it on this latest english, and the encounter rate is sufficient being neither too high or too low.

Luse

Now with more MOOSE!!!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have just read the funniest thing of the day, and so I quoted it and put it in my sig... All you long standing final fantasy fans, have to see this
wink.gif

VVVVVVV

Xanthious

Scratch & Sniff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Did I read that quote at the bottom of your sig right? Im . . shocked. . . yes shocked is the right word. I simply cant believe someone would think that. Did they see FF7 and go "Hey, Final Fantasy 7 started all this and by god there simply cant be 6 more. I cant explain why it started with 7. .heh must of picked that number out of a hat"

D

Deleted User

I was gonna play through the updated PS1 version, but now with this and the DS by my side...I think the choice is obvious.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The guy mistook the "7" for a "1".
Geez....... I used to think that FF originated from Playstation also, why did it go form Nintendo to Sony though?

ReyVGM

Game Endings Master
Trophies
Website
www.vgmuseum.com
XP
Country
The Wonderswan FF were remakes, not ports. The only port was FF4 and FF3 was NOT released.
well, ACTUALLY ... the FF4 for WS wasn't a port, it was a remake ... they actually recolored the sprites ...

Download the rom if you don't believe me ...
tongue.gif
That's not a remake.... remake is when you RE MAKE everything again and in videogame terms it applies when you just make everything differently and better (in most cases of course, let us forget Ninja Gaiden Trilogy)

That FF4 was just an enhanced port.

Xeago

Insert witty phrase here.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Because of media prices.

When nintendo decided to stick with carts [that cost developers 15 bucks a pop] Square, now SqareEnix, decided that that was bullshit. and went to Sony, who's media cost a buck a peice. It was purely a money based decision. However, I have heard un-confirmed reports that nintendo and Square had a falling out of some sort. This may be related to the cart cost, or not, I just done't know.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu