moogle87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone playing ff II yet?

Well anyway here's a nice tip to lv up:
You know those real hard soldiers walking around that town around the beginning? well those people can lv you up like heck and give gold armors and firebows. They also give crappy spells.

The best way to beat them is to first get guy's hp to at least 1000. Have fire, ice or lightning spells at lv 5+. Have that white wizard guy in your party too. Put everyone in the back row except guy. Have the white wizard cast protect on guy. Blast away with your spells until the captian is dead. Your stats will skyrocket just by fighting this guy. The firebow is really usefull.

Also the white wizard guy has a spell called swap. This spell works on the captain.

evolutioner

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
wow......200 posts and counting....all about bout final fantasy....crap...
laugh.gif

ReyVGM

Game Endings Master
Trophies
Website
www.vgmuseum.com
XP
Country
I forget where does that crappy FF Mystic Quest fit in the series? Is it a number or just an independent game? I say crappy because it plays differently from what I remeber.
Edit okay, so I looked through my stuff and see FF4 was FF2 US for SNES, FF6 on my PS disk was the one I never played so that was never in the US. Thus I believe FF Mystic Quest must not be part of the series just like FF:CC Let me know if I am right.
It's a FF made by Square of America back then, it was released in japan as Final Fantasy USA and yes the game sucks but the music RULES.
That game has one of the best soundtrack in a snes RPG.

Xeago

Insert witty phrase here.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
If, you count it as an rpg rey....

I know some people didn't. I can't say as I didn't play it, so I guess this is a worthless post!

Maybe not! I am playing ff2, it's awsome. and the Capitans have 750 health, and never go away after you have killed them! makes me wonder, why is it a that the city is entirely filled with capitans, and no soldiers?

bunta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for my ignorance, but how do you download the rom? I'm new to this site. Any help would be greatly apprciated. Thanks in advance

Phydeau

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hold the B button and press Select to bring up the map, and then you will see the location for the Marsh Cave in the lower left.

spanks54

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo took too long to bring the system out, Sony was already out with the PSX.
The PSX was origanly designed to be an add-on to the SNES like the Sega CD to the Genisis. Nintendo and Sony got into some sort of disagrement, so Sony split and altered the PSX a bit to release on their own. Nintendo didn't take too long, they were just suddenly left out in the cold without enough of a design to get in quickly. It actualy takes a long time to develop a descent system that won't kill itself, and the big N had to scramble to get it togther in time to compete with the PSX.

I don't know what the falling out was but I remember hearing a quote from one of the Nintendo CEO's saying something about not wanting to bring Sony into the game market. it was ridiculous. The same sort of fallingout happened between Square and Nintendo ( Square almost completly abandoned Nintendo home consoles for a long while, untill CC, which sucked, and wasn't exactly an early GC title to say that Square was just turned off by the media type, it had to be more then that...)

On an off-note, could you imagine if Nintendo and Sony had stayed together? Theyd be a jugernaught now... or atleast in my fantasy world.

Noc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I just beat FF1 level 60 & never got my 2nd job classes
frown.gif
guess I need to go to gamefaqs)

that game forced me to beat it (taunting me )so many damn encounters I SHOWED YOU FF1!

after 20 hours of every 4 steps random encounter it did'nt feel so random

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    PandaPandel @ PandaPandel: yassssss i love emerald