tsubasa hiroge
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi all,

My dad invested in a 16GB Micro SDHC for his EDGE card so he can fit all of his games on the card. I have no idea what make or class this SDHC card is because it doesn't say what it is on the card and it only came with an SD adapter (he bought it off EBAY £12).

Anyways the problems begin:-

To start us off he formatted the card with windows formatter (crap I know) and then proceeded to copy everything across EDGE firmware and 13.4 GB of games it got half way and failed then corrupted everything on the SDHC, he reformatted and tried again only for it to happen again.

This is where he comes to me, I tell him go use the panasonic formatter.

SUCCESS everything copied across once he had used the panasonic formatter, he puts it in his EDGE card goes to games and it doesn't load all of the games up.....okay he goes back to the main menu, then back into the games menu and ALL of the games have disappeared
blink.gif
so he put's it back in his computer looks at the card and everything is still there he then proceeds to panasonic format it again and gave it to me to fix......
unsure.gif

So I copied everything across and and the same thing happened again basically, all of the games don't load and then they all proceed to disappear.

hate2.gif

So this is all of the information I can give you, I don't know the class or make of the SDHC and I know it's not the EDGE cards fault because my 8GB class4 kingston works fine in it and the EDGE card itself professes to work with SDHC cards up to 32GB.

Having said all this does anyone have any idea whats wrong with this SDHC?

Thanks in advance Tempers

DSAndi

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Afaik the edge can only show a limited number of games like the cyclo was something over 200 i think, if u go over the limit u will get problems. Try split up and put games in folders then try again.

friarhat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sounds like a fake/crappy memory card to me, ive have heard only bad things about buying memory cards off ebay.

Tell the ebay seller you want a fully working/genuine card and they will probably just issue a refund ^^

jagerstaffel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First of all, that definitely sounds like a fake. 12 Pounds? (that is pounds, right?) Too cheap to be true, but even if it was legit,

Let me get this straight. You (and your dad) tried to copy 13GB right off the bat? You do realize that constant writing to the MicroSD can quite literally fry the card, this being transflash means that's a hell of a lot of data passing through the card, unlike normal SD's that have microcontrollers in them, not putting stress on the flash but the controller itself, but to copy 13GB straight up all at once is overkill for a card, especially it seems you are uncertain of the speed class rating or who it is that manufactured it.

My advice is, this being an Edge card, it came with that MicroSD reader, so use that. Seeing the problems with iEdge mostly being about using a different card reader, I wouldn't be surprised if using that Edge mSD reader helped. Next off, use the Panasonic formatter to do a full flash format and let it set the Format Size Adjustment. Once you let all that happen, remember to Eject The Card, Safely Remove it, etc. Put it back in then proceed in this order:

-Fat32 has a 128 ROOT file count limit, so games need to go in folders. Put in the EDGE firmware w/skins/cheats first, then Moonshell if you plan to.
-Then copy the NDS games in at least 900MB increments.
-Let it rest for at least 10 seconds between each 900MB loading.
-Once all the NDS games are in, place whatever .sav files you plan to put in there.

This should at least make it work. I have a 8GB branded Class 4 mSD, and when I used to do like what you do (mass copy pasta, mistreated format methods) it really messes up, slows down, freezes the cart. Of course, if the above methods fail then it's a fake.

DSAndi

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
By the way i found the info on the file limit its 127 not over 200. So try again reducing files and folders.

gary2010

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i seen these 16gb cards on ebay, was it from hong kong? if it was i read the persons feedback and people were saying the card was only 2 or 4gb, but it said 16gb printed on the sd card. so i think its a fake card try with just a few games on the sd card

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
if it was a fake with 4GB with 16GB printed on the card how could it fit all the games on it? (13.4GB of files)
dry.gif

it's not fake I've checked this card over throuroghly it seems like the EDGE's file limit is correct and can only contain 125ish files any more than that and it starts messing up I formatted the card and tried it in my PSP and it works fine with the card completely full(or near as).

Ahua_Keren

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
No, that stuff isn't fake, it's cheap because it's bulk chip. (No box or reader)
I have one 16GB from ebay HK seller, only $55 (retail price was $104 on that time)
I threw lot of games in EDGE card (DS & GBA) untill it reaching it's limit, about 14GB and no problem at saving or copying games.
Until one day when I playing a game, didn't remember the title, the game was hang, while I reset the DS, the whole file in the card was gone..

Put it on PC, can read it but it was blank as new one,
so I reformat it, load the game again, and it's good till now. (Darn.. My saved games!! Playin RPG games from the begining was sucks).

So my conclusion is some games may corrupt your card while saving the game,
but the probability of getting a bad card is high too, since it was bulk chip, not the retail one.

It doesn't matter which class is your card, 2, 4, 6, or even 10?
in PC, copying files is faster depending on your card's class..
in DS, all games run the same speed, except some older games like Castlevania Series etc.

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This 16GB card came with a sandisk adapter so perhaps it is a sandisk card.

Buying a 16GB card (real one) for £12 isn't hard these days you ust have to be careful where you order them from, I myself have purchased 3x8GB Kingston class 4 micro SDHC for just under £20 and that was last year, all of them are real and work flawlessy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Apply snorgle to pinfor.