One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That's a great NFO.
smile.gif

I'm going to head over to the closest videogame store and pick this one up right away, I've been excited for it. Hopefully the third F-Zero game that's coming for GBA makes it here too..it's got a track editor!
smile.gif

Aziere

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Actually, all F-Zero games are good except X. I like these new ones, more competetive in a way. It's still the same thing as the ones on SNES, so whoever says these ones are worse don't know what F-Zero is all about.

QuickSilverMC

Trophies
XP
Country
Actually, all F-Zero games are good except X. I like these new ones, more competetive in a way. It's still the same thing as the ones on SNES, so whoever says these ones are worse don't know what F-Zero is all about.
what do youmean x wasent good? thats the best one by the way have anyof you played AX?

Dragonlord

Linux-Dragon of quick wit and sharp tongue
Trophies
Website
www.indiedb.com
XP
Country
Swaziland
really nice info... and yes... ea sports games sux hell in the last time... nhl2003/4/5... all major crap... *cry*... they really need to put some work into their games to keep people interested.

PuyoDead

Hey! Hey! Oh!
Trophies
Website
www.flickr.com
XP
Country
United States
This game is a bit of a disapointment. The handling of the ships is just pathetic. In the original f-zero, the walls were nowhere NEAR this bouncy. Also, you could handle corners a lot better in the original. This game just needs a serious reworking of the controls, and it'd be much better.

As for X, I'd say that was a pretty good one. If anything, the random track generator was just brilliant. As for GX, it's set up pretty nicely, with the customization being very nice. But, the game was just way too damn difficult. There's a difference between a steep learning curve, and near impossible stages. Some of the challenges went beyond any "challenge", and relied simply on memorization, instead of skill.

edit: Almost forgot to add, the boost needs some fine tuning as well. You have to hit R and L together for the boost, but it doesn't always work. It's way too precise. It's actually better to hit one shoulder button, hold it, then hit the other, to ensure they are being pressed down together. This, of course, screws up your turning, but it actually messes you up less than trying to hit them both togther 5 times in a row, only to have it not work.

Aziere

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Controls are easy. Tap the acceleratorbutton several times when you turn if you got a vehicle with A-B in turning.

Otherwise, use the tackle during your turn. (tapping the accelerator during tackles makes it even easier)

Just because you dont turn in the same fashion doesnt mean it isnt the same thing.
And having bouncy walls is good.

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I like the controls personally. It's a bit different from Maximum Velocity, making it truly feel like a new/different game, rather than the same thing re-packaged with new tracks.
smile.gif

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For some reason I thought the US version was out already.
Hmm, maby it was just the Europe one? It was in english
tongue.gif

Anyway, this game isnt bad, but theres some things they coulda done though.
The controls arent too bad, but It woulda been nice to have more control options. Cuase pressing L and R together never works too well for me, but then again, my R button is damaged like mad on my GBA ;-;

The music is of good remixs and the levels are nice. I never found the game too hard, infact, it was usually too easy due to the fact your always in first place in the Grand Prix races.
And the bouncyness is alot more than other Fzero games, but its not too hard to get used to. Though if you accidently run into one you'll bounce around like crazy sometimes

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :hrth::toot::grog::toot::hrth: +1