1641 - Finding Nemo The Continuing Adventures (U)

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Heh, yeah, GBA titles definitely get different prices where I live. Pretty much anything A-List (Nintendo, Square, etc) will get top-tier $39.99, and rarely even $44.99 (Canadian dollars!) pricing. Everything else falls under $34.99, $24.99, $17.99 and even $14.99. You can guess which titles fall into the lower price ranges, it's not hard!
wink.gif

However, the point of a password save over a battery save is that it costs the publisher less to produce the cartridges. Example:

Company A produces a password save game, and it costs them $10.00 to produce each cartridge. They sell the produced game for $30 each, resulting in a $20 profit.

Company B produces a battery save game, and it costs them $15.00 to produce each cartridge. They sell the produced game for $30 each, resulting in a $15.00 profit.

See what I mean? That was an oversimplification, but essentially, it doesn't matter what price WE'RE being charged - it matters what it costs them, so that they can drive more profit to their bottom line. We're charged whatever we'll bear as a market whole.
smile.gif

..and on topic, I've tried this game for a bit, and I'm thankful I'm not a kid in this generation.
tongue.gif
Whatever happened to good third party GB games, such as Boomer's Adventure in Asmik World, or A Boy and His Blob, or Qwirk, or a ton of others? Kids today get this crap instead, I feel their pain.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
What you say makes sense Grayzie but do you think more people will buy a game that has Password saving function or a cool RPG game that uses 512Kb to save?

eddyjackson

Trophies
XP
Country
I would imagine the percentage of people who would base their purchase decision on the saving method of a particular game is but a small percentage of the people of people who are aware of such details of a game before they purchase, which in turn is but a small percentage of the game buying public. That said, the actual difference in manufacturing costs for these games on a per-cart basis is as high as a couple cents in some cases and less than a cent per cart in other cases (differences resulting from save game storage types).

That said, password systems suck. But this appears to be a worthless game on a license that's been raped to shreds already.

Meh.

Asha Kai

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE(DemonStar @ Sep 8 2004 @ 11:31 PM) said:
Well obviously it was deleted. I went to this site at 6:20 AM in the morning, posted a few messgaes, then went back to home page, where this ROM was just posted. I posted, "FP 
biggrin.gif
" for first post and then it got deleted after 5 minutes.

If all you posted was "FP
biggrin.gif
" then no wonder it was deleted...

*edit - inserted quote

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
TIP for smart game companies:

Just get the code from let's say Donkey Kong. Allright, next you do is create a digital image of Nemo's face and just put it on the head of the girl! Then get the image of Nemo's father and *yeah you guessed it* replace Mario's face with this one. You got the total plot of the movie in just one screen. EASY MONEY MAN!! The kids will LOVE it! Don't bother with other levels, You just sell it as a "Mini-game" then it won't matter if it is the same level every time. And Donkey Kong himself? Just scrap him. EASY MAN. Then put on the package "Nemo, yet more continuous stories!"

Ahum, is there any credit in it for me for the tip?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @K3Nv2, try SanDisk format tool?