1610 - Need For Speed: Porsche Unleashed (U)

TmP_stryk

Still I Rise™
OP
Trophies
Website
www.still-i-rise.com
XP
Country
United States
top_left1.gif
top_left.gif
1610 - Need For Speed: Porsche Unleashed
top_right_new.gif
screens.gif
1610.PNG
1610-2.PNG
[/p]
trans_bar.gif
trans_bar.gif
trans_bar.gif
info.gif
Release Group:iNDSave Type:EEPROM_V124ROM Size:32MbitFilename:Need_For_Speed_Porsche_Unleashed_USA_GBA-iND.zipRegion:USAPublisher:Destination SoftwareLanguage(s):EnglishROM Serial:AGB-AZFE-USA
horiz_trans_bar.gif
trans_bar.gif
trans_bar.gif
trans_bar.gif

DjFIL

Trophies
Website
homepage.mac.com
XP
Country
Canada
wow... that's a long delay since the euro release. this game was ok... but IMO too many invisable walls which really started to piss me off. It's not as bad for corner bluring like NFSU was... but i was able to get over the visability issue in NFSU and enjoyed it way more then I did this NFS:PU release.

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I had quite a bit of fun with this one when the (E) was released, but it still suffers from the problem that was also in NFS:UG where you just sometimes cannot see those corners! It's a lot of fun once you've memorised the track layout though and the graphics are incredible.

I'm still anticipating NFS:UG 2 on the GBA, I really want to see their improvements and hopefully they'll have listened and fixed the "hard to see corners" issue!

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sadly I think that this, and pretty much every other game that tries to do 3D on the GBA does not look good or play well. But, opinions are like arseholes, right?
biggrin.gif

I much rather the mode7 F-Zero/Mario Kart approach to racers on the GBA, they're much more fun. Especially being able to see upcoming corners..
biggrin.gif

Dragonlord

Linux-Dragon of quick wit and sharp tongue
Trophies
Website
www.indiedb.com
XP
Country
Swaziland
i don't think you are an asshole believing this. it's common knowledge that 3D on gba is one of the most tricky things due to the limited processing capacity and the limited display.

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Inu268

woof
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
this was posted deleted and postedgain...weird...and also can someone fix the main page thing?the games screen were like |_|
|_|
before,now they are one next to other,it is bigger than my monitor XD

DjFIL

Trophies
Website
homepage.mac.com
XP
Country
Canada
I personaly like seeing the images side by side, instead of one on top of the other.

But I disagree that there arn't any good 3d games/racers on GBA. Good 3d Racers: V-Rally 3, Stuntman (but it is kinda tricky), Top Gear Rally (even though i don't like the tracks), NFS:U (except it has the corner issue... but i got over that). Good other 3d games: astrix & oblix xxl, 007 Nightfire, Ecks vs Sever 2 Balistic. 3d games on the GBA are possiable... but among the good 3d releases, there's more bad releases that arn't very well thaught out or they just cut corners and end up with a crappy game (look at MoH:Underground... eeew.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1