150 USD to burn

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well after some interesting events today I would up getting 150 USD. What can I buy with 150 USD?

If I buy a PSP, http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16868110017 , what will I need to do to make it play backups?

I don't have any random crap from dealextreme that I want...

I'm not gonna put it in my savings account because... I dont have one.

Any suggestions? Any cool gadgets I potentially dont know about?

gizmo_gal

QWEEN of the RadioActive Force!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Get a GP2x! It'll do everything a PSP can with the exception of those disks...and it supports SDHC so you can carry loads and loads of games and media with you.

Its what I'd do if I had 160 bucks to burn...Or else save it an anticipation of Pandora

Doomsday Forte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Linkiboy said:
Well after some interesting events today I would up getting 150 USD. What can I buy with 150 USD?

If I buy a PSP, http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16868110017 , what will I need to do to make it play backups?

I don't have any random crap from dealextreme that I want...

I'm not gonna put it in my savings account because... I dont have one.

Any suggestions? Any cool gadgets I potentially dont know about?

You'd need a memory stick to hold the games and to put on the firmware, and then you need a Pandora battery to put the PSP in service mode to put the firmware on it. Memory stick will set you back some, and a Pandora battery you can either buy from Datel or wherever, or if you know someone with a spare PSP battery you can apparently solder it to function the same.

That said, $150 will not be enough unless you get a PSP used/already hacked and so on. Getting everything new, it was around $200-250 for a new PSP and memory stick as well as ordering the TOOL battery.

PikaPika

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gizmo_gal said:
Get a GP2x! It'll do everything a PSP can with the exception of those disks...and it supports SDHC so you can carry loads and loads of games and media with you.

Its what I'd do if I had 160 bucks to burn...Or else save it an anticipation of Pandora

I'm pretty sure the PSP has better PSX emulation. And with a MicroSD to MS Pro Duo adapter, you can use MicroSDHC. That's what I'm doing, and I notice no lagging compared to an MS like others say.

SavageWaffle

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Get a savings account and start putting in 10% of ur paycheck in it. And with the $150, i suggest putting 10% in savings and the rest, save up for a nice TV maybe?

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SavageWaffle said:
Get a savings account and start putting in 10% of ur paycheck in it. And with the $150, i suggest putting 10% in savings and the rest, save up for a nice TV maybe?

I don't work but geting my own debit card/savings account would be nice :| I just need to find the time to do it. And I already have a nice TV.

Doomsday Forte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Linkiboy said:
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.12710

Will that work?

I get a 20$ allowance and I have a bottle of coins I could exchange if I needed some more cash.
If you trust them, go for it. My battery is bright orange though it looks identical otherwise, really. Jesus, free shipping? Half of the total cost for me WAS shipping! Just saw where it also came with a memory stick. Okay, I was wrong, so getting the PSP and everything else would be pretty possible in your pricerange then!

But, uh yeah, you're good to go in that case. A memory stick will have to be at least 66MB to back up your NAND (which you should do since it is necessary to unbrick your system should something happen) but even then, you wouldn't really be able to put any games on it. I had a 4GB stick that works for me well, but I hear people saying that even 8GB works, so I dunno.

WeaponXxX

Too F'in Blonde
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
pikadude1006 said:
gizmo_gal said:

I'm pretty sure the PSP has better PSX emulation. And with a MicroSD to MS Pro Duo adapter, you can use MicroSDHC. That's what I'm doing, and I notice no lagging compared to an MS like others say.
Does that work well? I want to add more storage to my VAIO which has a DUO slot. You have a link to a duo converter that supports MicroSDHC by chance?

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gizmo_gal said:
PSP has WiFi, larger scren, more powerful CPU+GPU, better N64 emulation, almost perfect PSX emulation (compared to GP2X's very slow PSX emulation).

Granted, it doesn't have the touch screen and is not open source, but still the PSP is definitely the better choice if you ask me (plus the PSP has a handful of good games itself).

QUOTEhttp://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.12710

Will that work?

I get a 20$ allowance and I have a bottle of coins I could exchange if I needed some more cash.
I would get this instead http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.12472 and order the MS Duo elsewhere. Its a lottery whether you get a good one from DX.

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
WeaponXxX said:
pikadude1006 said:
gizmo_gal said:

Does that work well? I want to add more storage to my VAIO which has a DUO slot. You have a link to a duo converter that supports MicroSDHC by chance?

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.12177

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: