Misc 15 minute disruption

Xaphatro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Every time I play online with my wii, after every 15 minute interval, there would be a connection error. Then I can immediately go back in. But the problem is that it disrupts me in the middle of a race and then when I go back in I have to wait for someone's race to finish before I can play. My router is a D-link DIR-300. What causes this and how can I can fix this?

Xaphatro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Come on guys tell me what's wrong...I've called up my internet service provider and they told the problem isn't from their side. Why is there always a disruption in my connection?

Pippin666

SSF43DE Master
Trophies
Website
www.tetesrasees.com
XP
Country
Canada
If you can go online in the first place, losing connection is not a bug from your wii. I hope you aren't torrenting a lot when you go online, I know myself for having this issue once and found out that my seeding was to high.

Pip'

Xaphatro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
I contacted my ISP, my wii is only 2 feet away from the router...so I guess it's the torrents? Because I need to keep the computer on otherwise the internet will disconnect. So, how do I fix this?

Am0s

Mojo Risin
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Xaphatro said:
I contacted my ISP, my wii is only 2 feet away from the router...so I guess it's the torrents? Because I need to keep the computer on otherwise the internet will disconnect. So, how do I fix this?

if your downloading torrents while playing games on the wii that can knock you offline because your upload is maxed out, hence your connection has cant send packets. best option is dont download anything when your playing online period.

your router might be setup for connect on demand, which means when the no packets are detected from and to the router it drops the connection, you can change this by selecting keep alive, depending on the model of your d-link of course,

alternativly if you have no access to the router set your pc up to ping google or something until your finished gaming

goto prompt if on windows
ping www.google.com -t (or whichever website you want)

this will ping a website send tiny packets to their website and back until you tell it to stop.

personally I would edit your setup for stay alive and that will fix your problems as long as you stop downloading anything while playing

hope this helps

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.