Hacking 11.1 Downgrade issues

TecXero

Technovert
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A friend gave me an o3DS to downgrade. It's running 11.1 and I did a transfer with Fieldrunners with the public.sav. The exploit looks like it starts up fine, but when I run the Downgrade option, it reaches 8192/8192 and says:

Done!
reErr:0 wrErr:0

I made sure I'm using the o3DS 11.1 version of the dgTool and firmware files. I also googled around and didn't find anything helpful. I also tried OoTHax just to make sure. I couldn't get it to work, trying both the 11.1 payload and 10.4 payload. Is there anything I'm missing or is he just screwed?

justln

Trophies
XP
Country
That's suppose to happen, your OOT hax is probably outdated or have bad files.
Try doing the hax again.

annson24

The Patient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Maybe you forgot to copy the homevrew starter pack to your sd card.

Sent from my SM-N930F using Tapatalk

TecXero

Technovert
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, I figured those were error codes. I have the boot.3dsx file in the root, so it should at least boot into the Homebrew Launcher. I've tried both the 10.4 payload and 11.1 payload. Whenever I try to execute it, it just crashes and the 3DS says it has to restart.

TecXero

Technovert
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been using the payload for 10.4.0-29U on o3DS, which this 3DS is an old phat or whatever they're called.

EDIT: I figured it out. I'm just an idiot, I didn't realize they way to activate the exploit changed. I kept trying to launch it with the Ocarina while it requires the A button to be pressed now.

Last edited by TecXero,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1