Hacking 11.0 soft-downgrade?

justln

Trophies
XP
Country
You followed da guide didnt you
Move DSiWare titles when prompted!
gatewait.
I did, I just didn't swap SD cards over and the receiving 3DS couldn't find the DSIware files. :(

http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/227/

Remove the SD Card from the source system as it will now be used in the target system.
  • If the target system has a higher capacity SD Card than the source system, you may choose to transfer your content to the higher capacity SD Card instead. How to
I missed out on the freaking last step, goddamnit. :(

zazor5000

professional normie
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
So,i found a cheap 3DS that costs about 33 dollars.But the seller said the 3DS is demo console so it works perfectly fine when its plugged to charger.Can i fix this by OTP then updating to 9.2 (He said the version is 2.1.7-0E )?

fikatr

Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
So,i found a cheap 3DS that costs about 33 dollars.But the seller said the 3DS is demo console so it works perfectly fine when its plugged to charger.Can i fix this by OTP then updating to 9.2 (He said the version is 2.1.7-0E )?
you cant do anything with demo units if you dont know what you're doing and im sure selling demo units is illegal

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
nope afaik the issue is hardware related, demo usits simply do not draw power from the battery and can only be used on charge, every time someone appears with one they never really show the internals to see if there is anything missing or if it uses a different motherboard, but i would guess its probably just a component left off demo units to cripple them (but idk tbh as i havent seen one in person)
you cant do anything with demo units if you dont know what you're doing and im sure selling demo units is illegal
pretty sure store demo usits use all the normal stock FW, any normal exploits will work on demo units, i doubt anyone really cares about the naughtyness of buying/selling kiosk consoles

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
kiosk consoles are just crippled retail consoles, they run the normal retail FW, so will run the same exploits and cfw as normal retail consoles, they just cannot be used off charge, they just have a autobooting demo cart inserted when setup in a retail environment, without the demo cart inserted they work like normal(except for the not working via battery power issue)

Last edited by gamesquest1,

zazor5000

professional normie
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
kiosk consoles are just crippled retail consoles, they run the normal retail FW, so will run the same exploits and cfw as normal retail consoles, they just cannot be used off charge, they just have a autobooting demo cart inserted when setup in a retail environment, without the demo cart inserted they work like normal(except for the not working via battery power issue)
so if i do things inside the console can i make it work like a normal 3ds?

fikatr

Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
i cant pm to you
if you want to play it without a charger get this https://www.amazon.com/Nyko-Power-Grip-3DS-Nintendo/dp/B0057WWR0C?ie=UTF8&*Version*=1&*entries*=0
347wubl.jpg

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
so if i do things inside the console can i make it work like a normal 3ds?
nobody knows, that would just be my theory, but i guess its technically possible there is some special difference that flags the system as a kiosk demo and its a software lockdown

^ the thing above is also an option ^

Clector

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
If the SD Card content from the other console is usable (movable.sed was transfered sucessfully) if you have a Nand Backup of the Original Console with that movable.sed (you can use the same SD content of "Nintendo 3DS" folder) you can copy the modified DSiWare to the SD in System Settings in Management Data and then copy it to the other console, if you can"t use the same folder in the target console (movable.sed wasn"t transfered) or if you don"t have a Nand Backup with that movable.sed you will have to wait the 7 days.

Alex Spruch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I'm using my friends' hacked 3DS, after using a modified HANS I was able to get on the eSHOP bypassing the update.
Where I am now: Ready to do the system transfer, but the hacked 3DS is on 10.7 and Nintendo wants it to do a system update prior to that.
Please help, how do I get around this?

Clector

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
@Alex Spruch You can try using ctr-httpwn, but you will need to do a backup in the SD of the DSiWare before and copy all the SD "Nintendo 3DS folder" then as the part where SD content is copied to the console will fail because it reboots, but if you are in 10.7 it isn"t needed as you can directly downgrade with 10.7, this is only needed in 11.0.

Alex Spruch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Alex Spruch You can try using ctr-httpwn, but you will need to do a backup in the SD of the DSiWare before and copy all the SD "Nintendo 3DS folder" then as the part where SD content is copied to the console will fail because it reboots, but if you are in 10.7 it isn"t needed as you can directly downgrade with 10.7, this is only needed in 11.0.

Thanks for the help but I ran ctr-httpwn then the system transfer but got the same update message. Any suggestions?

Edit: NVM got it working, thanks for pointing in the right direction.

Last edited by Alex Spruch,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo