Hacking #100 noob asking for questions

Gunkid

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been doing my research and still don't understand some stuffs.

Do you absolutely need both SD card and flash cart in order to play downloaded roms on your DS?

Can someone recommend me a SD card and flash cart?

I have to say, I've been using custom firmwares/homebrews for psp, and in my opinion, using DS is far more complicated...

Samutz

Trophies
Website
samutz.com
XP
Country
United States
There are a few flash carts with built-in memory, such as the G6.

I have only barely gotten into PSP hacks and such, but I would say DS is easier than PSP with the newest DS flash cards.

It's just: drag and drop rom onto card, put card in DS, turn on, select game from menu.
No complicated setup, flashing, etc required before hand.

sasuke_kun12

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Can someone recommend me a SD card and flash cart?
I highly (and everyone else) recommend an R4 or an M3 Simply, but I think that right now its hard to get, I know that the company whose forum i mod is having problems supplying R4's (the factory only shipped half of the stock they wanted) and M3's. If you can't get those to then just go for the EZ V. I'm getting one, plus the EXPANSION PACK for SLOT-2 lets you play GBA ROMS.

as for the SD card the jap made Kingston or if your a little short on the cash then go for sandisk

WOO! FIRST POST FOR ME!

iwakura

HHNNNNNNGGGG
Trophies
Website
flashcartreviews.com
XP
Country
United States
wondering how many games will 1GB of micro SD card will fit?

Hard to say, some roms are 32MB some are 128MB...

some are 8 (trimmed)

The usuals are 32-64, so an average of 50. that means about 20 games. (you need some free space though, can't stuff the card full. then there's the firmware and such)

the reason why the DS seems more complicated is because there are so many companies offering so much for the DS! with PSP, you have like...2 choices of firmware replacements.

sasuke_kun12

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
the reason why the DS seems more complicated is because there are so many companies offering so much for the DS! with PSP, you have like...2 choices of firmware replacements.
ha ha ha (evil laugh) psp owners... and did u hear bout the new PSP? its even harder to hack! I love my DS...

Gunkid

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PSP isn't all that bad... it's just that if you make a slightest error while changing your firmware, your PSP will be screwed forever...

Gunkid

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have a question about my DS game's save files. Is there anyway to import saved files to flash card from my DS games?

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, there's a way to dump original save files. If you have a slot-2 device, use REINMOON or EEPINATOR or SavSender or Rudolph's slot-2 dumper tool. If you have a slot-1 device, use SavSender or Rudolph's Wifi dumper tool.

flai

Androgynous Apparently :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Put it this way, 1GB is enough because if you are like me, and you always had a PSP, you could only fit about 2 games on at a time on a 2GB card. 2GB is great aswell because you can fit homebrew and emulators and ROMS on too aswell as a pile of games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4