10.6 Home Brew Help

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Ken2cool, Mar 1, 2016.

1. Ken2cool
    OP

Ken2cool Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 1, 2016
    United States
    I'm currently a hacking noob, I'm new at this so if this is a forum already created... I apologize.
    I know nothing of hacking and wish to have homebrew for my 3ds. Can I use my OOT? Or downgrade my 3ds?

If someone could help me, (In baby steps / For dummies) I would be happy. c:

Model: Original 3ds
    Update level: 10.6.0.-31

If if this thread could be a model for those others seeking help, maybe I'd be doing good, if the chance again this thread is an annoyance, I'm sorry.

Last edited by Ken2cool, Mar 1, 2016
  2. sj33

sj33 GBAtemp Addict

Oct 22, 2013
    Japan
    If you're on 10.6, your best bet would be to find a copy of Cubic Ninja. The exploit for OoT is a 'secondary exploit', which means you need another exploit to install it. Cubic Ninja has proven to be the most resilient with new updates.

No downgrade for 10.6.

3. Giodude

Giodude Ruler of Italy

GBAtemp Patron
    Giodude is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    May 17, 2015
    United States
    New York
    1st of all, google is an option. This thread hss been asked 5 times a week.
    2nd of all, i cant help myself but to help sooo..... On your 3ds, you have 2 options. You can either hardmod your 3ds to downgrade. That means opening it up and soldering some stuff. Probably not your style, but you can pay someone to do it for you. Your other option is not being able to downgrade and only have a simple userland exploit. You either need a powersaves to inject the save into oot, or another hacked 3ds. Your choice.

4. sj33

sj33 GBAtemp Addict

Oct 22, 2013
    Japan
    ^If he only wants homebrew, then a hardmod and downgrading seems a bit extreme. Cubic Ninja will do the job.

5. Giodude

Giodude Ruler of Italy

GBAtemp Patron
    Giodude is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    May 17, 2015
    United States
    New York
    He asked if he could

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

It took me untill now to realize it's always a stage builder exploit. Like smashax on wii. Lol