Hacking 10.4 downgrade?

N64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any updates on this? =)
Is 10.4 only hard-mode downgradeable still?

only with a hardmod. you have to copy the firmware, edit it, and then flash it back before downgrading. that can ONLY be done with a hardmod.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
The bootrom is well guarded, so dont expect anything in that front. It's too soon for that being in the soon™ range and it's a kind of exploit best to keep private for a long list of reasons.

What I was refering to was a (yet another) generation change. First there was the 4.X MSET era. Then there was the 9.2 *hax era (which we are in right now). There are some clues here and there to be positive of the starts of a new era (now with 50% extra tubehax dns).
Technically there was a short lived generation in between the 4.5 and 9.2 generations - when you could just downgrade from 9.2 to 4.5 but not directly exploit 9.2. So I think we're in one of those little generations now, before we're able to exploit 10.3 directly.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Technically there was a short lived generation in between the 4.5 and 9.2 generations - when you could just downgrade from 9.2 to 4.5 but not directly exploit 9.2. So I think we're in one of those little generations now, before we're able to exploit 10.3 directly.
well nope you could run hax (roms) on 9.2 but it was a gateway exclusive at the time so cheaper people opted to use the GW launcher to downgrade so they could then use the leaked ylws8 4.x CFW for free

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Edit: You are totally right. I think my memory was mixed up because I was waiting for something before I started using it --- maybe bug fixes? I must be remembering the wait as it not being available, when it was. (I just looked at old Gateway blog entries from that time)

well nope you could run hax (roms) on 9.2 but it was a gateway exclusive at the time so cheaper people opted to use the GW launcher to downgrade so they could then use the leaked ylws8 4.x CFW for free
There was definitely s period of a few weeks to maybe two months when Gateway let you downgrade but not run natively in 9.2. First Smealum released Ninjhax and homebrew, then gateway released the downgrader. Then it was a little while before Gateway worked natively with 9.2. Then shortly after that, Pasta was released. When you say the leaked ys8 4.x, do you mean Palantine? That was around quite a while before the 9.2 stuff.

Last edited by Quantumcat,

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Edit: You are totally right. I think my memory was mixed up because I was waiting for something before I started using it --- maybe bug fixes? I must be remembering the wait as it not being available, when it was. (I just looked at old Gateway blog entries from that time)

There was definitely s period of a few weeks to maybe two months when Gateway let you downgrade but not run natively in 9.2. First Smealum released Ninjhax and homebrew, then gateway released the downgrader. Then it was a little while before Gateway worked natively with 9.2. Then shortly after that, Pasta was released. When you say the leaked ys8 4.x, do you mean Palantine? That was around quite a while before the 9.2 stuff.
yeah i kinda think it sucks that other people stuck their names on a leaked CFW made by someone else,but yeah it was around a while before the 9.2 stuff, but it was the only free CFW at the time meaning people were using the 9.2 GW downgrade feature to downgrade to 4.x so they could then use the leaked CFW

Reactions: peteruk

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah i kinda think it sucks that other people stuck their names on a leaked CFW made by someone else,but yeah it was around a while before the 9.2 stuff, but it was the only free CFW at the time meaning people were using the 9.2 GW downgrade feature to downgrade to 4.x so they could then use the leaked CFW

So that really did happen, I didn't dig deep to see if there were any difference between CFW's.

I really need to start messing with CFW's on my n3ds and have it all setup so i can get a good grip on this homebrew launchers, coldboots, CFW's.

vb_encryption_vb

That hardmod guy....
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So that really did happen, I didn't dig deep to see if there were any difference between CFW's.

I really need to start messing with CFW's on my n3ds and have it all setup so i can get a good grip on this homebrew launchers, coldboots, CFW's.

I find it easier to have menuhax installed, boot directly too HBL than, choose whatever CFW or other options you want. CTR or whatever that boot menu is, is a waste IMO. Just my thoughts. reiNAND is working well on N3DS 10.5 emunand. Rxtools will boot, but I think it may have bugs, not sure.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sucks my new tv does not fit my old tv wall mount, so gotta take down and buy a new mount, bummer, more holes in the wall.
    +1
  • linuxares @ linuxares:
    no...
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    yesssssssssssssssssssssss
    bj bj bj bj bj bj
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just duct tape the TV to the wall ffs
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Weird cause its same size as old one, just a 4k upgrade, oh well, always something.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Unlike @AncientBoi some holes are tighter than the others
    +2
    Try putting it up after a couple of :grog::grog::grog::grog::grog::grog::grog: But only a couple :D
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Was gonna, already cracked open a cold one, but gonna have to wait now, and make a trip to Microcenter, or worst buy
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    In speaking of miscares for tvs I must've busted like one hdmi port cause it's all static but others work fine lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have a older tv that was like that, luckily it had 3 HDMI ins
    2 here
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    But you only like to use the rear one, right
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Think if I rebend the metal it'll be fine because it tries to get a signal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @AncientBoi, only fits type c out
    +1
    HDMI 1 [main TV] is loose, HDMI 2 [goes to second TV] is good.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Look into a hdmi splitter
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or most surround sound receivers are 3 HDMI in, one HDMI out to tv, and you can select which hdmi in
    you want on the receiver.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Surround sound receiver is a good $300
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, but so nice for gaming, movies.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ancientboi is old he needs Walmart PA system
    +2
    Splitter @ $39 it says. I'll consider it. Thanks
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Splitter @ $39 it says. I'll consider it. Thanks