Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
87EjsOmEmVs.jpg

This is from hekate, but when I tries to boot through SD card,
it always show me: Failed to initialize the SD Card
I have tested some other new SD card though, same issues appear.
Now my EMUNAND runs super slow!!

Today, I opened up the casing after searching online trying to locate the missing pins, turns out everything was good. But I still get these error.

IMG_20210428_200500.jpg

IMG_20210428_200331.jpg

Should I replace the SD card slot though?

Last edited by WilsonChin,

thesjaakspoiler

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Those connectors look good, no missing pins.
If you regularly switch your SD card, it might be that some pins inside the sd card reader itself broke off or got bent.
Some people report that the pins that are connecting the reader to the board had to be soldered again.
Somehow they weren't soldered properly to the board.
Replacing the board will most likely fix the problem but if you have the tools, you could try to resolder the sd card reader first.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
View attachment 260591
This is from hekate, but when I tries to boot through SD card,
it always show me: Failed to initialize the SD Card
I have tested some other new SD card though, same issues appear.
Now my EMUNAND runs super slow!!

Today, I opened up the casing after searching online trying to locate the missing pins, turns out everything was good. But I still get these error.

View attachment 260592
View attachment 260593
Should I replace the SD card slot though?

You need a multimeter to test if any of the point on the motherboard are dead or not, if the connection on the motherboard is good you can get a replacement SD card flex. 1 bit mode meaning it is not picking up one or more of the gold pins.

9uveru1xho051.png

Purple_Heart

GBATemp´s weirdest Individual
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
same problem but i cant repair my switch byself (i got a replacement slot......it worked but only if i put pressure wit my finger on it if i release finger it dont read the sd anymore)

thesjaakspoiler

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
.....it worked but only if i put pressure wit my finger on it if i release finger it dont read the sd anymore)
Assuming the replacement board is good, that would mean that the connector on the motherboard has some loose pins.
There are more people reporting such issues.
Maybe due to the internal heat the moderboard slightly expands and contracts,causing the pins to come loose.
A good repair guy with the right tools can fix that for you easily.

When the sd card runs in 1 bit mode, it only uses DAT0.
Either DAT1,DAT2 or DAT3 can be disconnector.
Someone posted this image in case you want to check with a multimeter which pin(s) might be causing the problem :
sd-png.240129

Reactions: Samoritos

Purple_Heart

GBATemp´s weirdest Individual
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I am from Germany..... Do you know someone who does such repair?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Thing is I send it in to mattytrog when he installed a trinkt in it... But since last month it stopped to. Read sd

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I go in hospital for 5 weeks starting end may.... I guess I can forget my switch*

Saey_AZE

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
You need a multimeter to test if any of the point on the motherboard are dead or not, if the connection on the motherboard is good you can get a replacement SD card flex. 1 bit mode meaning it is not picking up one or more of the gold pins.

View attachment 260698

View attachment 260698
Hello, I have been presenting the same problem and I wanted to encourage myself to do the soldering of the image and I wanted to ask you what type of cable I would use and more or less how can I get it here in Mexico, if it is not a nuisance?

Attachments

• IMG_20211014_115358.jpg
    IMG_20211014_115358.jpg
    1,015.2 KB · Views: 354

Saey_AZE

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Thanks for replying, I was also thinking of changing the slot, but I don't know if cell phone repairers will do that job, being a small piece. What do you recommend?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for replying, I was also thinking of changing the slot, but I don't know if cell phone repairers will do that job, being a small piece. What do you recommend?

Well first check with a multi-meter if it all the contact point is working fine on the board, you just need a new flex not soldering.

Reactions: Saey_AZE

QkiMAno

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
same problem but i cant repair my switch byself (i got a replacement slot......it worked but only if i put pressure wit my finger on it if i release finger it dont read the sd anymore)
Have you solved it? I’m in the same exact situation. What did you do?

Precto

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I've had this issues today. It just got fixed when I put on my finger and hold behind the stand on the sd card slot (I am using Nintendo Switch V1). Then something went wrong it was something like this "Panic occurred while running L4T, PStore saved to L4T_Panic.bin" after updating hekate to the latest version it was fixed.
---------------
UPDATE : After I post this comment, the issues still occured.

Last edited by Precto,

Blackn1f3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I have found blowing on the sd card and into the sd port oddly works to fix this issue just fort would put it out there it's happened to me a thu times and this simple fix works every time foe me

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.