1.4 dsi fix using an ezflash Vi as helper

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by matsurisan, Aug 20, 2009.

Aug 20, 2009
  1. matsurisan
    OP

Newcomer matsurisan Member

Spain
    I've got a DSi with 1.4 and an ezflash with the v12 firmware (with works on 1.4).

I've read that, with the DSLite version of the updater, there's the possibility of upgrading a bunch of cards in a row.

Perhaps I can load that from the ezflash, then swap with the acekard 2i and upgrade?

I'm willing to risk trying so! But first I need two things ensured:
    - That starting the DSL upgrade tool doesn't upgrade anything *immediatly*, but rather waits for me to press some key. -> CONFIRMED using desmume (ds emulator)
    - That the DSL upgrade tool works all the same on a DSi.

If this is confirmed, I'll try doing the upgrade and report back on the results.

It'd also be helpful if we got the actual source code to the updater tool, so that I could just add a wait for a keypress on the DSi version before starting to check on the acekard hardware version / etc.

2. injected11

Member injected11 Crescent Fresh™

United States
    It's only going to work on the card it was designed to work with.

3. DeltaBurnt

Member DeltaBurnt I'm bored

United States
    Wait what? Are you trying to fix a bricked acekard2i, are you trying to install the acekard2i fix, or are you trying to get old flashcarts working with the update.

Because if it's 1 then it should work, if it's 2 then you don't need to switch you just run it on the acekard2i with a friends DS lite of a DSi with 1.3, it it's 3 then it won't work cause old flashcarts don't have updateable kernels.

4. jruschme

Newcomer jruschme Advanced Member

United States
    I assume that the OP wants to use the update much like the flash-killer fixer for the DSTT: Boot some usable card in a DSLite, run the updater, swap in an AK2i and update.

5. matsurisan
    OP

Spain
    What I want to do is to run the updater in an ezflash vi on the DSi 1.4, swap cards placing the acekard 2i, then update.

6. matsurisan
    OP

Spain
    I'm trying to upgrade an acekard 2i. It shouldn't matter what card is used to load the updater into ram... and most likely doesn't.

I need to know, however, if the DSL version of the updater works all the same on a DSi. If it doesn't, I'm out of luck.

7. dilav

Member dilav GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    I have only read the first post. and that will not work because the dsl file does not work on a dsi. It will work on a dsl though. So if your ak2i is bricked you could repaire it on a dsl with another flashcart, and the ak2i dsl update file.

8. matsurisan
    OP

Spain
    I think I'm gonna try anyways. If it turns out to be true that the "dsl" updater won't work on DSi, and I end up with a bricked acekard 2i, I'll repeat the procedure with a dslite from a friend.

I suspect however that the only difference between both updaters is that one allows for swapping the card and updating many acekards in a row, while the other doesn't.

9. dilav

Member dilav GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Yes, i think that is the only difference, however I have been told that the code acekard used for swapping cards only works on a dsl and we dont have codes to support swapping cards on a dsi yet.

10. SpaceJump

Member SpaceJump Where's my new 2D-Metroid?

Germany
    matsurisan, I'm in the exact same situation as you. So I hope it works for you.

11. Chris_Skylock

Member Chris_Skylock GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Philippines
    The DSL and DSI will work on DS/DS Lite and DSi. The DSL file is there for MULTIPLE ACEKARDS on a DS LITE.

CANT PEOPLE READ?!!

The Acekard fix IS MEANT TO BE RUN ON AN ACEKARD. It's like buying a BIG MAC on KFC or something.

12. Tokiopop

Member Tokiopop Caffeine fiend

United Kingdom
    Actually, someone did this with an M3 on a DS Lite and updated a bricked Acekard 2i onto the 1.4 firmware fix version.

Fuckers. [​IMG]

13. jak larnak

Member jak larnak GBAtemp Regular

France
    matsurisan, what you want to do is possible but only with a DS lite. Here is a part of an e-mail i received from the website i bought my Acekard:

14. Apache Thunder

Member Apache Thunder I have cameras in your head!

United States
    Remember that you can't do this on a DSi. I've been told that the DSi will reset to menu the moment you pop out the DS cart. So it will always reset if you try to swap DS carts. That's why this only works on a DS/DSLite (the cart swapping that is).

15. mercluke

Member mercluke ‮҉

Australia
    strange...
    doesn't reset with mine..

16. SpaceJump

Germany
    So mercluke, you say this worked for you on DSi?

17. matsurisan
    OP

Spain
    Interesting.

If it resets or not when removing the card will be easy to test I guess [​IMG].

18. SpaceJump

Germany
    Just tested it and as soon as I remove the EZ5i from the DSi, the app freezes (no reset). So it doesn't seem to work on DSi.