Hacking 1.4 dsi fix using an ezflash Vi as helper

matsurisan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've got a DSi with 1.4 and an ezflash with the v12 firmware (with works on 1.4).

I've read that, with the DSLite version of the updater, there's the possibility of upgrading a bunch of cards in a row.

Perhaps I can load that from the ezflash, then swap with the acekard 2i and upgrade?

I'm willing to risk trying so! But first I need two things ensured:
- That starting the DSL upgrade tool doesn't upgrade anything *immediatly*, but rather waits for me to press some key. -> CONFIRMED using desmume (ds emulator)
- That the DSL upgrade tool works all the same on a DSi.

If this is confirmed, I'll try doing the upgrade and report back on the results.

It'd also be helpful if we got the actual source code to the updater tool, so that I could just add a wait for a keypress on the DSi version before starting to check on the acekard hardware version / etc.

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wait what? Are you trying to fix a bricked acekard2i, are you trying to install the acekard2i fix, or are you trying to get old flashcarts working with the update.

Because if it's 1 then it should work, if it's 2 then you don't need to switch you just run it on the acekard2i with a friends DS lite of a DSi with 1.3, it it's 3 then it won't work cause old flashcarts don't have updateable kernels.

jruschme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I assume that the OP wants to use the update much like the flash-killer fixer for the DSTT: Boot some usable card in a DSLite, run the updater, swap in an AK2i and update.

matsurisan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
DeltaBurnt said:
Wait what? Are you trying to fix a bricked acekard2i, are you trying to install the acekard2i fix, or are you trying to get old flashcarts working with the update.

Because if it's 1 then it should work, if it's 2 then you don't need to switch you just run it on the acekard2i with a friends DS lite of a DSi with 1.3, it it's 3 then it won't work cause old flashcarts don't have updateable kernels.
What I want to do is to run the updater in an ezflash vi on the DSi 1.4, swap cards placing the acekard 2i, then update.

matsurisan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
injected11 said:
It's only going to work on the card it was designed to work with.
I'm trying to upgrade an acekard 2i. It shouldn't matter what card is used to load the updater into ram... and most likely doesn't.

I need to know, however, if the DSL version of the updater works all the same on a DSi. If it doesn't, I'm out of luck.

dilav

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have only read the first post. and that will not work because the dsl file does not work on a dsi. It will work on a dsl though. So if your ak2i is bricked you could repaire it on a dsl with another flashcart, and the ak2i dsl update file.

matsurisan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
wtfisausername said:
I have only read the first post. and that will not work because the dsl file does not work on a dsi. It will work on a dsl though. So if your ak2i is bricked you could repaire it on a dsl with another flashcart, and the ak2i dsl update file.
I think I'm gonna try anyways. If it turns out to be true that the "dsl" updater won't work on DSi, and I end up with a bricked acekard 2i, I'll repeat the procedure with a dslite from a friend.

I suspect however that the only difference between both updaters is that one allows for swapping the card and updating many acekards in a row, while the other doesn't.

dilav

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
matsurisan said:
I suspect however that the only difference between both updaters is that one allows for swapping the card and updating many acekards in a row, while the other doesn't.

Yes, i think that is the only difference, however I have been told that the code acekard used for swapping cards only works on a dsl and we dont have codes to support swapping cards on a dsi yet.

Chris_Skylock

Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
The DSL and DSI will work on DS/DS Lite and DSi. The DSL file is there for MULTIPLE ACEKARDS on a DS LITE.

CANT PEOPLE READ?!!

The Acekard fix IS MEANT TO BE RUN ON AN ACEKARD. It's like buying a BIG MAC on KFC or something.

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
Actually, someone did this with an M3 on a DS Lite and updated a bricked Acekard 2i onto the 1.4 firmware fix version.

Fuckers.
smile.gif

jak larnak

Trophies
XP
Country
France
matsurisan, what you want to do is possible but only with a DS lite. Here is a part of an e-mail i received from the website i bought my Acekard:

QUOTE said:
(DSL) File Download Link B - For ( DSL ): http://www.megaupload.com/?d=88IZMCJK
This file labeled for the DSL can be used to update multiple Acekard 2i's in a row without shutting off the DS. Its Perfect to update multiple cards in a row. It must only be used in a DS Lite to make use of this feature though.

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Remember that you can't do this on a DSi. I've been told that the DSi will reset to menu the moment you pop out the DS cart. So it will always reset if you try to swap DS carts. That's why this only works on a DS/DSLite (the cart swapping that is).

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
Apache Thunder said:
Remember that you can't do this on a DSi. I've been told that the DSi will reset to menu the moment you pop out the DS cart. So it will always reset if you try to swap DS carts. That's why this only works on a DS/DSLite (the cart swapping that is).
strange...
doesn't reset with mine..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is sad. His 2 movies were good. Informative about our food industry.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    This was one of the craziest movies I've seen about our food industry, lots of stuff I didn't know. A must see. https://youtu.be/OqzjC-ENrl8?si=GYxmdY5nShzGniVi
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    Oh, that dude?
    I stopped believing or caring about that dude when I found out about some of the more questionable nonsense he did in his life.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Like what? I didn't know or hear.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You mean like every famous person that ever existed
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I get so tired of hearing oh I liked him until...
    I just know dude was a chronic alcoholic and such.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been to his chicken restaurant he started in his 2nd movie, Holy Chicken, was pretty good. It is only 15-20 miles from me in Ohio. It only lasted 1 yr or so then closed tho.
    There are very few people I just have just an immense dislike of and he's one of those very few people, the only other example is Gene Simmons. My musician uncle on my mother's side of the family actually met Gene once during some event and said he was the most unpleasant person to be around.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I met myself once turns out that guy is a giant piece of shit that doesn't deserve any of my respect
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn alcoholics! (Sshhh- Opens another beer)
    Agreed, Ken
    I can't say I've ever tried even a sip of beer tbh-
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You met yourself also and is a giant piece of shit?
    +1
    Then again, I don't think I'd really enjoy it //shrug
    I'm sure it's an acquired taste :P
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Poor lad can never enjoy the amazing taste of four loko
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Root beer is a gateway drink, don't ever try it either.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, don't you love how smooth MD20 is
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Mad dog 20 20? Oh yea fixed the typo. I haven't seen that or had forever. Do they still make it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I think it's why I'm alive
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I think it's why I'm alive +1