Hacking Menuloader v0.4 TEST (by marcan)

Forcystos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Original post in Spanish:
marcan@EOL said:
Tengo el servidor caído, así que lo pongo aquí de momento.

menuloader v0.4, parcheador dinámico del menú del sistema

NO toca la NAND, NO instala nada, los parches SOLO se aplican cuando lo usas y desaparecen al reiniciar o al volver al menú tras usar algún canal o juego.

http://static.hackmii.com/menuloader.dol

Mas tarde sacaré una versión más pulida y con código fuente, pero posteo esta versión para que se puedan ir probando los parches. No he comprobado que todos funcionan bien (en concreto, el de regionfree está sin probar ya que tengo chip y no he tenido tiempo de quitarlo para comprobarlo). Pero vamos, como es dinámico, tampoco puede pasar nada, con una excepción:

NO RECOMIENDO ACTUALIZAR USANDO UN MENÚ CARGADO DE ESTA FORMA. Para empezar, porque se aplican los mismos avisos que al usar modchips con regionfree (si metes un disco de otra región y te actualiza la consola, semibrick).

Debería ser compatible con una buena gama de menús del sistema. Al contrario que el parcheador de crediar, este se basa en firmas y escanea el menú entero. He intentado evitar instrucciones con offsets al hacer las firmas, con lo que es probable que funcione directamente con la mayoría (o todas) las versiones del menú, incluso las futuras.

Algunas de las ideas de los parches están basadas en el de crediar (la de la música por ejemplo), pero los parches los he desarrollado independientemente (de hecho, antes de que saliera).

Nota: para usar los parches de debug tienes que tener un USBGecko metido en el slot 2 y un cliente de terminal corriendo en el PC. Si no abres la aplicación, se quedará colgado intentando enviar datos (también se puede usar como "pausa remota" del menú - cierras y se pausa, abres y continúa XD). Con el parche de "more debug" ahora mismo hay mucha mierda por el wiimote (WPADSetSamplingCallback) - lo limpiaré en una versión futura, pero por ahora lo más fácil es eliminarlo en el PC (en linux, cat /dev/ttyUSB0 | grep -v WPAD).

Los parches son bastante fáciles de sacar, así que se podrán hacer cosas curiosas.

Translated post:
marcan@EOLMy server is down, so I'll post it here for now.

menuloaderv0.4, dynamic system menu patcher

DOES NOT touch NAND, DOES NOT install anything, the patches are ONLY applied when used and dissapear on reset or on returning to the menu after using a game or channel.

http://static.hackmii.com/menuloader.dol

I will release a more polished version with source code later, but I am posting this version so the patches can start being tested. I haven't fully checked they all work properly (as a whole, the regionfree one has not been tested since I have a chip and haven't had time to remove it to check). But come on, since it's dynamic, nothing can happen either, with one exception:

I DO NOT RECOMMEND UPDATING USING A MENU LOADED IN THIS WAY. For starters, because the same warnings are applied than when using regionfree with a modchip (if you put a disc from another region and it updates, semibrick).

It should be compatible with a wide gamma of system menus. Contrary to crediar's patcher, this one is based on signatures and scans the whole menu. I have tried avoiding instructions with offsets when creating the signatures, with which is likely that it works directly with most (or all) menu versions, including future.

Some patch ideas are based on crediar's (the music for instance), but the patches I have developed independently (actually, before it was out).

Note: to use the debug patches you need an USBGecko on slot 2 and a terminal client running on the PC. If you do not run the application, it will hang attempting to send data (can also be used as "remote pause" for the menu - close and it pauses, open and it continues XD). With the "more debug" patch there's a lot of crap right now because of the wiimote (WPADSetSamplingCallback) - I will clean that up in a future version, but for now it's easier to remove on the PC (on linux, cat /dev/ttyUSB0 | grep -v WPAD).

The patches are pretty easy to make, so some curious things could be done.

alex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
lol... If you go to static.hackmii.com it says go away. XD

Wait, is this like the other one, complete region free or do you have to run it every time?

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lostsoul5673 said:

Wait, is this like the other one, complete region free or do you have to run it every time?

This one does not touch the NAND, so no, it has to be run every time.

On a side note.... you can choose the menu IOS, so we might be able to patch in a softmod....

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
so wait... what does this do?

from what I could try to understand, it's an "on the fly" language or region selector?

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zidane_genome said:
so wait... what does this do?

from what I could try to understand, it's an "on the fly" language or region selector?

+Region free Channels and Discs
+Disables the health warning
+Disables the background music
+Loads the system menu based on the IOS you select(including custom IOS5 and 249)
+Enables system menu debugging via USBGecko

All without modifying the NAND.

Christen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
teq said:
lostsoul5673 said:

This one does not touch the NAND, so no, it has to be run every time.

On a side note.... you can choose the menu IOS, so we might be able to patch in a softmod....

Oooh boy, here come all the "I can has softmod?" comments.

But, so I understand correctly, this is the version for NTSC Wiis?

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
For anyone who doesn't understand what this is for: It's mostly for testing out patches, that could be made to the system menu, without the risk of bricking anything. So if you are not a dev, you can just turn around and walk away.
wink.gif

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This is a huge break thru... awesome work marcan!

As a side note, is there any word on breaking Starlet yet? I really wish I knew how to do this, and had all the tools, but alas, I have to sit back and watch
frown.gif

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
What would you want to break on Starlett? It works good as is. And there are allready custom IOS-versions running on it, if that's what you mean.

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slowking said:
What would you want to break on Starlett? It works good as is. And there are allready custom IOS-versions running on it, if that's what you mean.

Software running on Starlet is not of any concern. Controlling it, however, is the concern.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
c'mon, this pecuniar talk
you both know what you are talking about

system menu patch = custom IOS for system menu = unlocked starlet features directly from system menu

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slowking said:
IOSs are Starletts firmware, so if you run your own custom IOS on it you controll it. Where s the concern?

Actually, you're quite misinformed.

Starlet is a SoC and the IOS is the operating system.

It's the equivalent of a PC and Windows.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
teq said:
+Region free Channels and Discs
+Disables the health warning
+Disables the background music
+Loads the system menu based on the IOS you select(including custom IOS5 and 249)
+Enables system menu debugging via USBGecko

All without modifying the NAND.
The Marcan's menu may have different features.
How can it disable the health warning if it's a temporary patch ?
It have to be applied with HBC each time you want to use it. Reseting the wii will remove the realtime patch, then the warning will come back (I think).

flobo

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Import games that were not working without freeloader/gecko OS still do not work. (both GC and wii).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: