Hacking Menuloader v0.4 TEST (by marcan)

apcarr

Trophies
XP
Country
Cyan said:
teq said:
+Region free Channels and Discs
+Disables the health warning
+Disables the background music
+Loads the system menu based on the IOS you select(including custom IOS5 and 249)
+Enables system menu debugging via USBGecko

All without modifying the NAND.
The Marcan's menu may have different features.
How can it disable the health warning if it's a temporary patch ?
It have to be applied with HBC each time you want to use it. Reseting the wii will remove the realtime patch, then the warning will come back (I think).

Yeah I was thinking the exact same thing,if its temp how can it disable the health warning that you only see after restarting the Wii??

Joey90

Not around any more
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Which is why it is meant to be a test version
wink.gif

Because it is temporary you can try out things like disabling the H&S screen, but if it doesn't work, you can reset, and nothing is damaged.
smile.gif

If you applied it to the NAND then it would probably brick your wii
frown.gif

marcan

Trophies
XP
Country
Point being that eventually we'll have the wii boot this at startup (optionally) via the boot2 (which will itself be modded in a similar way by a loader code). Which means you get the modded menu when you boot without actually modifying it in NAND. One installed mod (boot2 preloader) to rule them all.

This isn't just a test framework. It's what we'll eventually use on startup. Let's say the patches are stored on SD eventually. Pop the SD out, and your Wii boots as normal. Put the SD in, and you get nifty patches for everything. Or at least that's the future.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
marcan said:
Point being that eventually we'll have the wii boot this at startup (optionally) via the boot2 (which will itself be modded in a similar way by a loader code). Which means you get the modded menu when you boot without actually modifying it in NAND. One installed mod (boot2 preloader) to rule them all.

This isn't just a test framework. It's what we'll eventually use on startup. Let's say the patches are stored on SD eventually. Pop the SD out, and your Wii boots as normal. Put the SD in, and you get nifty patches for everything. Or at least that's the future.

Fantastic, that way its both secure and its "always on". Great work! =)

Prisoner

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
but that IOS Option, what does it means??
I have to select the IOS I have, or it select the IOS you will use after, applied the patch, rebooting???

didn't understand very well its use...

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Prisoner said:
but that IOS Option, what does it means??
I have to select the IOS I have, or it select the IOS you will use after, applied the patch, rebooting???

didn't understand very well its use...

If you have 3.3, you have ALL the IOS's...

The option in the menu let's you choose which on you want to use when the "patch applies".

Honestly, only programmers should even be touching this app... the general public will have NO idea what to do with this, and it will only cause problems... you know someone will find a way to semi brick their wii with this...

So, great awesome tool, just for programmers, and the lot... if you don't know how to program for the Wii, just leave it there, don't download, dont use, don't even think about it for now.

zant

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think Ill wait for the NAND version. Having to load it into ram just doesnt make sense EVERY TIME you boot the wii. To me, this seems kinda points for the average player, but a goldmine for devs (when source comes out).

Shuny

I'm in yr forum, reading yr postz
Trophies
Website
www.shunyweb.info
XP
Country
France
samsam12 said:
Shuny said:
Someone should try to use IOS249 and try to boot a Truched Disc.

but IOS249 is just a small patch to the IOS. if you try to do that you might brick your wii
frown.gif
AFAIK IOS249 is not a small patch but a complete modded IOS used by some homebrews for now. Forcing the system menu to use this IOS should allow Truched discs to work even on 3.3X firmware. And if it doesn't work, for X or Y reasons, it shouldn't be a problem as marcan's MenuLoader is a temporary patch.

otto888

I break things for a living.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a US Wii with JP FW and "region",and the region free doesn't work. Is this ment to be for US firmware? or any?

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shuny said:
samsam12 said:
Shuny said:

but IOS249 is just a small patch to the IOS. if you try to do that you might brick your wii
frown.gif
AFAIK IOS249 is not a small patch but a complete modded IOS used by some homebrews for now. Forcing the system menu to use this IOS should allow Truched discs to work even on 3.3X firmware. And if it doesn't work, for X or Y reasons, it shouldn't be a problem as marcan's MenuLoader is a temporary patch.

Actually, IOS249 only features minute changes. The menu loader could apply the same patches to every IOS if there were a need for it.

Furthermore, if you're going to bother loading an IOS to use trucha discs, you might as well just downgrade.

Shuny

Trophies
Website
www.shunyweb.info
XP
Country
France
teq said:
Shuny said:
samsam12 said:
Shuny said:

frown.gif

Actually, IOS249 only features minute changes. The menu loader could apply the same patches to every IOS if there were a need for it.

Furthermore, if you're going to bother loading an IOS to use trucha discs, you might as well just downgrade.
IOS249 removes the Trucha check. The 3.3 update installs a new IOS30 so previous system menu like 3.2e will block the trucha signing and a downgrade with the tool of Waninkoko won't help.

As the system menu currently uses IOS30 - which is patched with the Trucha protection - it won't work even with a downgrade. But if you force the system menu to use a IOS that allows Trucha signed discs, like the IOS5249, it should work.

Actually I dunno if IOS36 or other versions have the fix for the Trucha signing.

Shuny

Trophies
Website
www.shunyweb.info
XP
Country
France
Shiro786 said:
zidane_genome said:
kedest said:

No. That link is the NAND modified way to do it.

This is a way to do the "hacks" without having to mess with anything like IOS's or anything in your Wii's memory.

Wrong, marcan's doesn't mess with NAND.

crediar's does.

You're really misinformed buddy, get your facts straight.
This is exactly what he said.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Lol K3N1.