Gaming Should i buy a psp slim before its to late?

GDragon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Should i buy a psp slim now before its to late to hack it with pandora?

Im asking bcause of this

Hello, this was very supprising for me to read, and lucky enough i didnt get a TA-088 mobo PSP Slim lol...but here is the full article!

A post on the Dark AleX blog addressed the problems with running Despertar del Cementerio, Pandora, and Time Machine on certain PlayStation Portable Slim and Lite with TA-088 motherboards.

According to the announcement posted by webmaster Alek, the IPL used for the three applications doesn't work. Now interestingly enough, IPLs can still be run from the Memory Stick, but are limited to those signed by Sony. This in turn "will probably block the actual way of running your cfw's, as you couldn't even load on this NANDs the custom IPLs with different signature." He explained the problem further:

Even though, IPL is not the problem, but probably the mixed kernel of 1.50&&3.40, and it will be the best option to use a new kernel on Despertar del Cementerio future versions.

So what does this mean for homebrew users? Well, a "new Dc version will not be released till the new Core and interface is finished." So does this mean that they'll find a way to get around the problem? Most definitely. All they need is a little time.

[SOURCE QJ/DARK ALEX BLOG]

what do you guys think?

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I now have 2 just in case
smile.gif
A red GoW and a black one.

CorruptJon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't worry too much about that. If it ever does happen though, there will always be millions of em on ebay that you could get.

B-BoyMP

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
If you wait to late, you will buy a PSP TA-088 (inpandorised) so you can't have a custom firmware just OFW, but Dark Alex works for that PSPs (a way for get a custom firmware in TA-088)

GDragon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
If you wait to late, you will buy a PSP TA-088 (inpandorised) so you can't have a custom firmware just OFW, but Dark Alex works for that PSPs (a way for get a custom firmware in TA-088)

So what i understand is that i must buy one now before its to late?

B-BoyMP

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
GDragon said:
QUOTE said:

So what i understand is that i must buy one now before its to late?

not "Must" but "should", for have more chance to don't get a TA-088
rolleyes.gif

dice

pansy-ass ex-staff member
Former Staff
Trophies
XP

GDragon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wow thanks, it is really cheap ;D
and where should i buy the magic memory stick?(what does it do? though =/)

heliuscc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
GDragon said:
How do you know if you psp has TA-088 motherboard?

Pandora won't work when you try it.

EDIT: I've just used PSPIDENT 0.3 on both of my slims. My Piano black slim came up as a slim V1 with TA-085 mobo. My new FFVII crisis core limited edition PSP came up as a TA-088 Slim v2.0. I have Pandora'd both of these PSPs with no issue. Is the problem a TA-088v2 mobo?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: Has he had seizures before?