Homebrew Question about DOOM ports and DS DOOM.

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
Hi,
It seems that best solution for playing DooM on DS is "DS DOOM" and I think its good but with one major problem, it doesnt play music.
So, If you know how to turn the music on (I dont bother making the screen smaller to give more processing power for music playback) or knows a better commercial/homebrew GBA/NDS program, please let us know, tnx.

-testguy

myuusmeow

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
There is no way to turn on the music. If you are THAT desperate, try Doom and Doom II on the GBA, but they look much worse than DSDoom.

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
I wish we could somehow turn music on.
There are some strange options in the game, if you care, that may lead to something, but their names are so vague and them being like 12 make something like 12^12 possibilities if you want to just them them aside.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DS DOOM itself does not support the in-game music as far as I can remember, so it doesn't matter what options you set. Keep in mind that decoding the music would take a substantial amount of processor power, so it was probably decided that full speed was more important than music support.

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
A-But it doesnt run at full speed, you have to reduce the screen like 2 times to get full speed.
B- Even Midi processing takes that much of processing power?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    fluff663 @ fluff663: hoi