OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
By popular request –

I’ve made a disc which will hopefully fix any NTSC Wii that got bricked by an imported Mario Kart game (or similar). It is an ISO with one partition — an update partition — and it contains three files:

* IOS30-64-v1040.wad
* SystemMenu-v289.wad
* __update.inf:

System Menu v289 is the newest NTSC version of the system menu available on Nintendo’s download servers; it’s what you will get if you go into the Settings Menu and perform an update. I packed it into a WAD, and maintained the original, valid Nintendo signature, so it should be safe to install. (The disc, however, is fakesigned. This should not be a problem.)

I’m including IOS30 as well, just in case — it’s what this system menu uses. I would expect all systems out there to already have it installed, but hey.

Obligatory warning — I have tested this on 3 Wiis and it seemed to work fine, but I can’t make any promises that it won’t brick your Wii. It contains no safeguards; use this ONLY on an NTSC (US) Wii. If you use it on an NTSC/J or Pal Wii, it WILL BRICK you. (If there is a need, I can make similar discs for those systems.)

Good luck!
http://rapidshare.com/files/113063023/wii-...u-v289.rar.html

Source

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried extracting the ISO but apparently it's not a supported type.

What the...?

msidot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i already tried it...and it worked on my friend NTSC wii which got semi-brick....right now i can access to wii setting anymore....
grog.gif

Thanks Bushing....
bow.gif

Prime

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
moquette said:
-x1_0_nt- said:
teq said:
I tried extracting the ISO but apparently it's not a supported type.

What the...?

Yeah, hopfully bushing can fix that.

You'll just need to wait untill bushing takes note that extracting it doesn't work.

are you trying to extract the rar or the iso file ?

I'm not trying to extract anything.

QUOTE(otto888 @ May 17 2008, 06:31 PM)
what would happen if you installed the wads via wad installer?(too scared to try)

I think it would try to update your wii.

CPOStudios

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
cpostudios.com
XP
Country
United States
It's so hard to tell which damn letters have cats on them on Rapishare... I hate it. Requesting rehost elsewhere. I've received the error message about 6 times.

EDIT: I eventually got it, but I'm sure people would appreciate a mirror, for those who can't stand Rapidshare.

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can this be used for the simple purpose of updating my Wii firmware? I have no other feasible way of updating it and my FW version doesn't seem to like any non-VC channels.

phaerun

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
that update is simply the latest update from nintendo for ntsc-u. its pretty much like connecting to the nintendo server and asking it to perform an update for you.

samsam12

Test
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
can you guys release it into a wad. i dont have a modded wii but when i played mario kart wii PAL with a freeloader my wii got semi-bricked. i cant extract the iso, its not letting me
frown.gif

Pikachu025

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'm not sure why everyone here is having problems extracting the rar, I just tried and it works without any problems. You aren't trying to "extract" the ISO after unraring it, are you?

darkangel5000

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Pikachu025 said:
I'm not sure why everyone here is having problems extracting the rar, I just tried and it works without any problems. You aren't trying to "extract" the ISO after unraring it, are you?
I assume that they're trying to extract the ISO for exchange purposes, like placing PAL-System-WAD's, instead of NTSC ones onto the ISO.

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Except this menu is the legitimate nintendo one, and is a wad, and is installed automatically by the wii.

... Well now my post is redundant as mark187 deleted his post.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol Veho.