Such a thing as "bad" USB pens?

Harsky

Madmin
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
A while ago, I bought a 4GB usb pen from ebay to replace my 512mb one. Now, I guess the fact that "bought" and "ebay" doesn't go well but I suppose I just couldn't be bothered going to my local electrical store and paying the little bit more, and I regret it. I tried putting in a 50mb file and it took absolutely AGES to complete but before I consign this to "I got ripped off pile" what are the factors that can make the transfer speed go quickly when I'm copying stuff over to it? Or was the chances that the reason the pen was slow was that even though it had a high capacity, the speed wasn't.

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fact: Chinese manufacturers use slow memory.

I experienced this first hand today when I got my MP4 player from dealextreme.

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Your from the UK, but your english seems flawed..^ Anyway, yes you probably do have a USB1.1 and not a USB2.0 port, they make big difference, like a 470mb/s difference, USB1.1 gets about 10mbs while usb2.0 gets about 480mb/s Which is why Firewire 800 is the best of all >.>

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well as long as it works, I'd say it's fine
smile.gif
Speed doesn't matter too much.

ozzyzak

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Your from the UK, but your english seems flawed..

That's a pretty shitty thing to say. Are you normally unable to help people without pointing flaws like some kind of grammar cop? You could at least use 'You're' instead of 'Your' if you're in the business of correcting people.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la