Hacking Any way to change the R4 save folder?

flai

Androgynous Apparently :)
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I just saw that the R4 saves in the same folder as the ROMS, is there a way to change this as it bugs the crap out of me on the G6 Real too.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Wasn't 1.11 only a couple of weeks ago? It's normally 4-6 weeks between firmwares. Although from what I've read Worms 2 doesn't work on 1.11 so we might see one sooner than normal.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Although from what I've read Worms 2 doesn't work on 1.11 so we might see one sooner than normal.

Really? I was about to drag it to my card. What makes these games incompatible with the firmware?

It needs the arm7 fix. I patched it with this:
arm7_fix.zip (48k)

It made Worms2 work on the R4. Same with Simple DS Series vol21.

Cheers!
grog.gif

I would imagine that the R4 team will fix this problem in a future update so you won't need to patch the game like this.

PikaPika

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
apparently 'Castlevania: portrait of ruin' doesn't work on the R4 either, a friend of mine put it on his with FW 1.11 and it kept crashin on teleporters or somethin, i'm not a big fan of Castlevania so i dont know lol

That's cause he has a slow MicroSD. Tell him to get a 1GB Kingston Japan from Newegg, or just buy the game
tongue.gif

Seven

oh hell no
Trophies
Website
phantasme.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
If you're sick of it, why not try putting the ROMs into separate folders or press SELECT so that you only see the game ROMs? I think that's a pretty simple solution.
wink.gif

retman

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Although from what I've read Worms 2 doesn't work on 1.11 so we might see one sooner than normal.

Nope, your wrong.

You can't just drag and drop the clean rom onto the card and run it though can you?

no, but you have to patch it.

It still does work on the R4 just needs a patch. But it works!

dry.gif

Yeah, but that detracts from their "100%" rate so I'd imagine they'll bring out a firmware fix for it soon. I've never been a big Worms fan personally so it's neither here nor there for me. Team 17 need to focus on bringing out Alien Breed for the DS!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill